Post Thanks / Like
    after doing a huge dawn-clay-SMR-polish-wax job, what should i do to preserve the condition of the car as time goes by?

What i mean is, how often should i quick detail, rewax, repolish, etc? I want to do the minimum amount of work and have the best results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it`s hard to do a minimum amount of work and still get the best result.

To make my work last a little longer, and keep the most shine, I typically QD usually every other day, depending on how much dust I get into. and I take my CCD to the vehicle every morning and night.

If I have the time, I will go out in the morning, use the CCD and QD...then I usually just have to use the CCD at the end of the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurorav8

Well, it`s hard to do a minimum amount of work and still get the best result.

To make my work last a little longer, and keep the most shine, I typically QD usually every other day, depending on how much dust I get into. and I take my CCD to the vehicle every morning and night.

If I have the time, I will go out in the morning, use the CCD and QD...then I usually just have to use the CCD at the end of the day.

I would be scared to use a CCD on my car (and I was given one), let alone QD my car and wipe it down. Somehow I think I`d manage to screw it up and scratch my car...

You`re brave.. or something

Post Thanks / Like
    With the right technique with the CCD you shouldn`t cause any scratches. I have the original one with the wooden handle. I have used the CCD under high intensity lighting and it didn`t cause any scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurorav8

With the right technique with the CCD you shouldn`t cause any scratches. I have the original one with the wooden handle. I have used the CCD under high intensity lighting and it didn`t cause any scratches.

Mine has a plastic handle.. never been used. Care to give some tips.. or suggestions? I`d like to use it to lightly "dust" my car off.. .. hence "california duster" right? .. what about QD? I dont think I`d be brave enough to QD my car without spritzing it down with water?

Post Thanks / Like
    Carguy seems to be the master of thorough tests and he tested out the CCD on his black Porsche and reported that it`s safe.

The plastic handle one is just fine. Since it`s brand new, wrap it in newspaper for a few days first (as per instructions). Don`t use it on a hot surface, and don`t rest the CCD on the car - ever! When dusting just use the tips of the fibers. Don`t attempt to clean anything more than a light settled-on dust with the CCD (like dried on dirt). If in doubt, do a wash instead.

I use the CCD first then QD the car - I find this combo to work great and makes the car look just washed. The CCD picks up 95% of the dust, and the QD gets 4% more. :xyxthumbs

Strange name, ain't it? NattyBumppo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The CCD rocks! I love it and use it often. Like mentioned already, don`t use it on a hot surface as it`ll streak also first thing in the morning with a dew misted hood.

I CCD almost every day (when possible) and QD twice a week.
    Natty
    ------------------------------------------------
    "Sorry Miss, I just decided I don`t do mini-vans"

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my CCD daily (after work) on my black car. I haven`t noticed any adverse effects. Apply NO PRESSURE at all, just lightly allow the tips of the duster to graze the surface. I QD daily on the horizontal surfaces (hood, trunk and roof) and sometimes the drivers side door...(prone to fingerprints). Otherwise, I`ll QD the car in total every few days as needed. This really cuts down on frequency of washes I find. Provided it doesn`t rain in between.

Thread Information