Post Thanks / Like
    The weekend will have to start on Saturday for me, but here goes my plan for Saturday (starting at 6am; no, I`m not just saying that)....

1) Dawn wash and dry (45-60 mins; dang SUV)

2) Pinnacle PolyClay EVERYTHING painted (20-30 mins)

3) Eimann Fabrik Powerwash+ wash(possibly Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo wash; TBD as of yet; 45-60 mins wash/dry)

4) Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion (30-45 mins)

5) Eagle One Scratch Remover (10-20 mins)

6) 3M SMR for Dark Colored Cars (45-60 mins)

7) 3M Imperial Hand Glaze (30-45 mins)

8) Klasse All-In-One (2 coats; 60-80 mins)

9) Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (2 coats; 20-40 mins for application, 1 hour of setup time, 15 minute buff, then 2 hours of cure time; total of 215-235 mins)

10) Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax (2 coats; apply, 1-2 minutes setup, buff off, 12 hour cure, apply 2nd coat; total of 45-60 minutes for actual work, not cure)

Those are my steps as they stand right now.... Only a quick question... Should I wash the car between the Eagle One Scratch Remover and 3M SMR?? Probably not, but I`ll ask anyways...

Grand total: 425 minutes (7.0833 hours) - 575 minutes (9.5833 hours) (that`s WORKING time, not including cure time)

Let me know if you guys think my estimates on time are realistic and if you think a wash between steps 5 and 6 is necessary....
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

2001 BMW 330ci Convertible (gone)

2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra (gone)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, depending on if my pads from CMA show up before the end of the weekend, I want to play around with the PC. Hopefully UPS hurries up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why use the IHG? The AIO will remove it.

I`ve been talking about this on a NUMBER of other threads. DavidB suggests it and stands by it. Here it is verbatim:

Originally posted by DavidB

As far as the AIO being counter productive to IHG, I don`t believe that is true (and I have the paint to prove it). The oils have two purposes. The first and most important purpose is to act as a lubricant to the polishing process. If you use the products with a foam pad (by hand or PC), the lubrication prevents the creation of more swirls while the fine polish is doing its job. The second purpose is filling, which actually has little value at all. The fact that AIO removes the oils is a good thing... it cleans the surface for better bonding of the Klasse acrylic.

That`s my story, and I`m sticking to it!

I realize there may be some steps that are a little bit overkill, but I don`t want the car to be just

this:up I want it to be like this :shocked
    Sean

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

2001 BMW 330ci Convertible (gone)

2003 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra (gone)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ExplorerXLT95

I`ve been talking about this on a NUMBER of other threads. DavidB suggests it and stands by it. Here it is verbatim:

QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidB

As far as the AIO being counter productive to IHG, I don`t believe that is true (and I have the paint to prove it). The oils have two purposes. The first and most important purpose is to act as a lubricant to the polishing process. If you use the products with a foam pad (by hand or PC), the lubrication prevents the creation of more swirls while the fine polish is doing its job. The second purpose is filling, which actually has little value at all. The fact that AIO removes the oils is a good thing... it cleans the surface for better bonding of the Klasse acrylic.

That`s my story, and I`m sticking to it!

I realize there may be some steps that are a little bit overkill, but I don`t want the car to be just

this:up I want it to be like this :shocked
    [/QUOTE]

Sounds Like A Plan! I Believe Anything The Detailing God Says!

Thread Information