Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I`m not sure if this is the right group or not, but I`m looking for a reputable professional window tinting shop in MA.

Any sharing of info & experience would be apreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    where in MA are you located?

Post Thanks / Like
    Near Acton, MA area would be great, but can travel somewhat...

How long does tinting take? Short enough that I can wait in the shop or nearby coffeeshop?

Post Thanks / Like
    every tint place i`ve been to i`ve just dropped the car off and picked it up after hours.

there is a place in Tiverton, RI. Near Westport, MA (Horseneck Beach if you`re familiar with beaches)

Alan`s Window Tinting and Upholstery. Awesome work! :up

I`m not familiar with Acton, MA is ... sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do know of a good tinting place, they did eags`s car. Lemme ask him the name of the tint shop, he does it while you wait. His car turned out awesome. Acton is northwest of boston.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fields Corner Auto Glass.

Go from 8am until 12 in the afternoon and you`ll be in and out. I had my left Camaro window done in 20 minutes and the job was awesome.

They charge 40.00 a window. If you can clean your window with a razor blade and wipe it down you can save yourself from paying 60.00 a window.

If you need help getting there just let me know, I will meet you and let you follow me to the shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    AlBoston - that`d be great, appreciate it.

joed1228 - do you remember what material they used? How long ago did you have it done?

How do you clean window with a razor blade??

They`re a bit out of my way, but will hold on to their number and see if there`s anything closer... thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know the exact brand of tint they use but they have been around for at least 35-40 years. They specialize in personal, commercial and residential glass. They have been around. The tint employees themselves are only around on Saturday (8 am until 12 p.m.) and one weekday early in the morning (that’s useless). I just had the tint put on last Saturday but prior to that I had my tint installed by a former employee in his front yard and it is holding up great. Haven’t had a problem yet and they were done last summer. I had to have the front left window re-tinted because when my car was in for service they ripped it on me, I think they were putting a screwdriver down the door or something, I don’t know what the heck they did but they made three small holes and it needed to be fixed.

With the razor blade all you really need to do is spray the inside of your window with a pretty strong cleaner and use the razor blade to scrape the window. This little method removes all kinds of grime and crud that may cause the tint to peel over time and it also prevents little air bubbles. Basically you’re just making the surface as smooth and clean as possible. Even if the tint shop will do it for you I would do it on my own prior to the tint install just to be extra sure everything goes smoothly. It only takes 3 minutes at most to go over the entire window and clean up anyhow.

To make a long story short, you will be happy with the work. 40.00 seems a modest price as well. If there are any problems they will correct them free of charge, I know it’s no big deal but some shops really put up a huge fight, which is pretty retarded.

Post Thanks / Like
    mjjk,

before you decide on anything, check out www.tintdude.com (probably the best tinting resourtce on the web). Make sure you get a hybrid-metalised or fully-metalised film and avoid the `dye` films as they fade to purple.

Those guys on the forum are helpful.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    tint king in billerica

Thread Information