Post Thanks / Like
    Both my father and uncle use this stuff almost exclusively on their cars. They love the stuff quite a bit. Does anyone know anything about the stuff? I see it all the time at swap meets and the like.

I`m still a Zaino man, but I want to make sure they aren`t using anything that may harm their paint.

TIA

Scott P

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of mine gave me a can years ago. His friends swore by the stuff.

I tried it against the I-Biz I was using at the time. I-Biz was far better than Astro-Shield. It was easier to apply, MUCH easier to remove (Astro-Shield was a real PITA to remove), and had a better shine.

Just recently, I threw out the Astro-Shield. I couldn`t imagine using it again.

I give away most of the products I no longer use. Not the Astro-Shield - it went straight into the trash.

BTW, since I discovered Autopia, I`m obviously not using I-Biz anymore. It`s one of the better products out there marketed towards the average Joe who wants a quick, decent looking shine with good protection, without the work. It`s not in the same league as Klasse or Zaino, but it still blew away Astro-Shield.

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother in law uses this product all the time for the last 10 years.Is it as good as what the big boys use ...NO WAY but for a person who has a graaged car washes it once a week he uses Astro Shield. Easy on and EASY off and not a bad shine they say they use it for airplanes. he`s happy with it

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh, I forgot to search first. Sorry about that.

Conclusion: The stuff isn`t the best, but there`s nothing to say it`s the worse. As long as they are happy, then I`ll be all set.

Thanks

Scott P

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott did you find this Astro Shield stuff locally in Rochester, NY. I think I saw it somewhere local.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott P,

If they`re going to continue the Astro-Shield route, PLEASE try some I-Biz. I used it for the last 6 of the 9 years I owned my Prelude. Everyone commented that it looked like a new car.

It`s really fast and easy to apply. Goes on wet, wipe it off immediately (while it`s still wet).

Their web site is:

http://www.ibiz-inc.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I used AstroShield for many years on a `73 Mustang Mach1 (351 Cleveland of course!) with EXCELLENT results. Contrary to earlier postings, I found it extremely easy to apply and remove, and it layered beautifuly (although I was never quite sure how, as the cleaner component appeared to be quite strong). Anyway, I had enough coats on it to make it appear as though there was a quarter inch of glass on top of the paint. Very nice.

Since then, reading posts of a more recent variety, I have switched to Klasse with a Souveran topper as I beleive the chemistry is a bit more in tune with today`s paint, and I have to believe that there have been advances in the last 30 years!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Black99miata

Since then, reading posts of a more recent variety, I have switched to Klasse with a Souveran topper as I beleive the chemistry is a bit more in tune with today`s paint, and I have to believe that there have been advances in the last 30 years!

Jeff

I agree with you. Realize though, that Klasse was formulated back in the 1970`s as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by edschwab1

Scott did you find this Astro Shield stuff locally in Rochester, NY. I think I saw it somewhere local.

Eric

They usually buy it at the swap meets in Carlisle, Pennsylvania or Dunkirk, NY. I have seen it at Autofinishers on North Clinton though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tortuga

Scott P,

If they`re going to continue the Astro-Shield route, PLEASE try some I-Biz. I used it for the last 6 of the 9 years I owned my Prelude. Everyone commented that it looked like a new car.

It`s really fast and easy to apply. Goes on wet, wipe it off immediately (while it`s still wet).

Their web site is:

http://www.ibiz-inc.com/

I don`t see them switching brands anytime soon. Both are stubborn (I guess it`s a family trait), so unless it was the equivalent of Comet cleanser, they aren`t chaning. If anything, I might buy a couple bottles of Klasse for them to try. I already have them trying some JT International waffle weaves , so anyhitng is possible.

Thread Information