Thread: zaino question

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinking of switching over to Zaino. I know I need the Z1, Z6, and Z7, but I`m not sure about Z2 and Z5....Do I need both of them or I can pick either one? Please help...

btw the car is beige/gold metallic in very good condition....I used meguiar`s #7 and #26 before and I waxed like once in a week or 2 week....

Post Thanks / Like
    A fellow Madisonian!

Truth be told, I`ve recently moved from Madison to Arkansas...whada change...

Anyway - you`ll definitely need either Z2 or Z5, and I`d recommend Z5 only for your application.

Have you considered trying ZFX instead of Z1? I think it would help with curing/application, especially knowing how humid it can get in Mad-town.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got one more question...Do I really need the car wash (Z7), because I still have almost a full bottle of zymol car wash and don`t feel like throwing it away....

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve washed Zaino`d cars both ways - with Z7 and without Z7...simply put, the Z7 should be required for every Zaino purchase. It`s one of Zaino`s best products, in my book.

The Zymol wash won`t hurt the Zaino, but you`ll be amazed with how well the Z7 works once you try it.

HTH,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that`s a fast response...thanks for answering my question....I got one more question before I order...Is the shine from zaino really shinier than meguiar`s #26 or gold class? since I wax my car like every other week it`s always look shiny and I`m wondering if Zaino will make noticeable difference?

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe it is z2 and not z5 that you would want. z5 is for removing swirl marks etc and sounds like your car is in very good condition and taken care of quite well. z2 is the polish for clear coat paints and z5 is a polish used to remove swirl marks...you use both of them the same and both can use zfx instead of z1 which i would recommend as sal says it works better and you can get 3 coats on in one day which between 3-5 coats is what sal recommends gives the best results. If you do have swirl marks use z5 first until the swirl marks are gone or to your satisfaction, then use z2 with an application of z6 between each coat...but not the first coat.

zaino works best from what i`ve heard if you wash with dawn, clay your car, wash with z7 then do your z5 or z2 with z6 inbetween.

I`ve never used Gold Class but from what i`ve read depending on the color they both shine great...difference comes in 2 - 3 weeks after that when zaino is still going strong and gold isn`t...but for some people that like to detail every week or two that doesn`t really matter then. Cheers
    Cheerio

Casey

Post Thanks / Like
    OK I`m getting more confused now....is Zaino really better than meguiar`s in terms of shine and gloss? I don`t really care about durability, I just want the maximum possible gloss and shine and I don`t mind waxing or detailling once a week....so which product should I get??

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been using Meguiars Gold Class for 3 years and just applied Zaino for the first time yesterday, 2 coats of Z5, one coat of Z2. I notice a slightly better shine, not much though. I will keep applying Z2 to see if the shine increases. My car is silver, so it might not shine as well as say, a dark colored car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ragusta, read this.

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gheumann/zaino_test/

If durability is no concern, almost any higher end wax produces a great shine with good prep work.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, so meguiar`s #7 show car glaze topped with a couple coats of gold class wax and #26 wax will look as good as zaino?

If that is the case I`d rather save some money and get the gold class wax since I don`t really care about durability....

I appreciate your help...

Post Thanks / Like
    RAugusta,

On a light metallic colored car such as yours, it will be very difficult to notice much of a difference between Glaze + wax vs. polymer. If anything, the glossy properites of a polymer would be more suited towards your car. Also, Zaino is especially good at highlighting your paint`s metallic particles and provides a better "glow" in the evenings.

I think the main difference you will see is in the ease of use. IMO, applying a coat of Zaino every weekend is much easier than glazing a couple times a year and waxing weekly. I am currently doing the glaze + wax routine on one of my cars which used to have Zaino on it. I can certainly attest to the fact that detailing this car was much easier when it was Zaino`d.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by raugusta

ok, so meguiar`s #7 show car glaze topped with a couple coats of gold class wax and #26 wax will look as good as zaino?

If that is the case I`d rather save some money and get the gold class wax since I don`t really care about durability....

I appreciate your help...

Each product has its own look, and they are all good. If you want the best Meguiars has to offer, try something like #7 then #26 (or for more durability Medallion PPP). I am not a big GC fan, and if memory serves it is a cleaner wax. It will remove your #7 when you apply it.

Zaino is more reflective than any Meguiars product IMO. Z will catch light and reflect it back highlighting curves and contours in your bodywork. Meguiars will have slightly more depth, and less reflectivity. Honestly, I like both looks. Why not try both and see what you prefer.
    -Sam

Thread Information