Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Everyone,

I have been a member for a while, reading posts and picking up some great pointers hear and their. I decided to Try Klasse AIO and SG on my Wife`s Pathfinder and My Volvo. I also ended up doing the same for a friend of my wife who just bought a new VW Passat. I did this over three consecutive days 1 Car at a time.

All three were dan washed, Clay barred washed again and then I started with the AIO. After a couple coats I applied SG let it set then buffed it. Then applied a couple more coats. My wife`s (BLACK) pathfinder came out the nicest. MY car and the Passat came out nice but not as crisp looking as the Klasse looks on the black paint. Would Zaino have been better for the Mettalic paint colors? I was thinking of putting on a topping of carnumba, But I would like to layer so the cars paint will be ready for another New England winter. ANy Suggestions will be aprreciated.

P.S. Sorry for the long post..
    Mike,

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you put all the coats on in one day for each vehicle. If that`s the case, you`re not getting the best out of the polymer. It`s best to do one coat a day or less. I normally do once coat a week. The results are much better this way. Do a search and you will see that most people layer this way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks,

I guess if I was really paying attention I would of noticed the posts earlier.
    Mike,

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your results are probably still great, but you`re just not getting the full benefit of a fully cured coat. I know that the depth of the shine of my car improved greatly once I learned the techniques for proper paint prep and layering. In a carnauba, you can get away with layering more than one coat a day as it will add more oils, but not more wax, but for a polymer, I don`t think you`ll get as good a gloss until each base coat is cured properly. Think of it this way. You`ll get to put on a coat every week for 3 or 4 weeks, and it`ll take only 1/4 of the time! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You again,

I will follow your advice...
    Mike,

Thread Information