Post Thanks / Like
    can I acheive close results using hand to polish/wax my car vs. the PC orbital.

I have the PC but I have always hand waxed my car. My buddy prefers to polish with my PC machine and then wax by hand.

Will the PC ALWAYS deliver better results if the operator is doing it properly.

For those wondering, I didn`t get the PC for the car. I had it back in the days when I was working with wood. It`s totally sawdust free for the car these day <g>.

BTW, which backing pad / foam do you guys like the best. Griots touts their backing pad is the best as it has holes on the stop, where heat can "vent" if I remember correctly

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by chefwong

Griots touts their backing pad is the best as it has holes on the stop, where heat can "vent" if I remember correctly

Does the PC get hot enough where venting is important?

Post Thanks / Like
    When it comes to polishing and cleaning paint, there`s no way you can beat a machine. Some people get great results by hand application. But when it comes to removing swirls, scratches, stains, oxidised paint, etc, etc a machine can make your life much much simpler. Even if the results by hand were the same as by machine, the machine will provide the results in a fraction of the time.

The final application of wax/sealant is usually done by hand. Some products work best that way and you can control the amount of product you use which is important when using stuff like Zaino and Pinnacle Souveran.

I think the vented backing plate sold by Griots is nice if a little bogus. The circumstances mentioned in the catalog are more probable with rotaries than orbitals. I wouldn`t worry about it. Get one from Porter Cable or Meguiars and you`ll be fine. Or if you need pads get the PC pad kit from CMA and you`ll be good to go.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you wax a car by hand and do it right it will come out real nice.If you wax a car using a PC it will come out beautiful GET THE PICTURE!

Thread Information