Post Thanks / Like
    Just tried this stuff out. Made a gallon of it. First thing I noticed is it is hard to pour out of the gallon jug into the lid

Well I used a wash mit and would dump it in the bucket and then kinda spinkle water around the panel and then lightly wipe it off. I would then dry with a big towel and quickly buff with a dry towel to get the shine back. I`d have to say it worked pretty well!.

Now the Q`s

The wash mit I was using would get black after washing a panel that was dirty. I would rinse it in the bucket but then that was the water I would be using on the car again. Here is what I think I might do.

I might just put clean water in the bucket. Then I`ll go to home depot and get one of those garden sprayer things. The thing you fill with liquid, pump up with pressure and then spray the stuff out. I would put the Quick & Easy wash solution in it. Then I could spray a panel with the Q&E wash and then wipe with the mit. I can then clean the mit in the clean water bucket! How does that sound?

It will be easier to get the Q&E wash on panels that are curvy and I can also use it to rinse off the wheels after I put wheel cleaner on them.

Also, does anyone know what this stuff does to the water? Why does it make it safe to wash the panel and not scratch? I might try it on a dark color`ed panel that is really dirty to see if it leaves swirls or scratches of any kind. It seems like it would.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve always used it just like it says on the bottle. I use chenelle style wash pads, dip them in the bucket and wash each section just like I would if I was using regular car wash soap, and then use the two towel method to dry.

Here is a little technical information I received from Protect All:

Where does the dirt go?

The best answer I can give you is "into the towel or wash mitt and then into the bucket." The agents in Quick & Easy Wash are a blend of Surfactants, surface active agents in lay persons terms. These agents are already in use, and have been, in traditional car washing products used in both, hand wash and line wash systems. So the science is not new or unique, just the application. What sets our product apart from the crowd is mostly the lack of SUDS, amongst other and various and sundry other subtleties.

Suds are an unnecessary byproduct of soap. When Quick & Easy Wash is used in the washing process the suds are eliminated and the surfactants do the work. Part of the work they do is to envelope or suffocate the surface. Two things happen, the electrostatic or chemical bond between the dirt solids and or hydrocarbon solids (this covers most of the soils found on cars) is broken. Next, these soils are enveloped or wrapped and trapped into the surfactant and then into the washing media such as a towel or wash mitt. At rinse time, the towel is plunged into either a clean bucket of water ( using the two bucket method ) or back into the Quick & Easy Wash. In either case the same is true, the dirt solids succumb to the rinsing motion and use gravity to fall out of the washing media and fall to the bottom of the bucket. You can see this if you look into your bucket after doing a wash job.

How come it doesn`t scratch?

In order to address potential scratching, the product contains a element that crosses the lines between polymers, lubricants, and waxes. It is true that if you bear down on a wet cloth over a dirty surface you will get scratches. However, our products make up will help to minimize the occurrence. So don`t press down hard, with any washing product. Let`s face it, scratching can occur even on a totally clean surface with a poor selection of washing media. Chose and dedicate washing cloths or mitts to a specific task and use them for nothing else. My current best pick for washing media is material called Microfiber, it is easy to find and we are working presently with an importer/manufacturer to bring it to our line of products, but that`s another topic for another time.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Intel,

I know what you`re saying regarding the mitt getting dirty because that happens to me as well. Your solution sounds good, but using the `two-bucket` wash method (using the same two-bucket concept as with a traditional wash) works also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intermezzo

Intel,

I know what you`re saying regarding the mitt getting dirty because that happens to me as well. Your solution sounds good, but using the `two-bucket` wash method (using the same two-bucket concept as with a traditional wash) works also.

yhea but with the sprayer I could use the left over Quick & Easy wash to spray off the wheel cleaners, wheel wells, tires, etc. Would make it a lot easier. I may run out to get one tomorrow morning.

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    You will probably be very happy using the spray bottle method. It has been my method of application for the few weeks I have been using the product. It works great. A side benefit is the ability to spot wash the bird crap or stray water spot that shows up. I just spray it on the area and wipe it clean. Kind of like using a QD.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a 2.5gallon spray bottle today and used less than that to wash my highlander body and wheels. Worked great! I also had my bucket with clean waters and rinsed my washmit off between each panel.

Thread Information