Post Thanks / Like
    Have you guys ever heard of a product called Dri-Wash and Guard? Its supposed to be a wash, polish, and sealant all in one.

Post Thanks / Like
    There was a short thread on this a while back. The stuff really isn`t that good for your paint at all. My boss was in the Dri Wash network and gave a few quarts to me to use. I only used it on my car when it was clean. Even then, I wasn`t too impressed with the results. However, I do find it is very good on windows. The shine nicely and the rain beads off nicely.

I`ll stick with my Zaino until I get the ambition to try something else.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it on a pampered car (CA dusted daily, never driven in the rain) and it works very well. I don`t think that I would ever rub a dirty car but this stuff creates a very smooth surface when applied to my clean car. In my experience it isn`t too durable but since it is so easy to apply that isn`t a big draw back for me.

I like that it can be applied to a spot that needs attention without having to do the whole car.

The guys that hawk this product often get into heated arguments with traditional detailers. In my experience this is because they sell it as a car washing product instead of selling it as an excellent polish that is a lot easier than traditional waxing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you want to use the bad silicones, abrasives, and even kerosene on your finish, it`s up to you. I, for one, would never ever use the product, and it`s laughable how much they charge for their product. IMHO it`s a complete scam....

Post Thanks / Like
    I like that it can be applied to a spot that needs attention without having to do the whole car

Just be aware of one thing...This stuff removes wax...So, if you have a relatively long lasting coat of carnauba, ie, 3 or 4 mos, and you get some dri-wash on it, it will clean it off and replace it with some real short lasting stuff...Not good.

When I had my `95 Volvo 850 Turbo, since I live in a hirise condo, I thought that this would finally be the answer to having no ability to hose wash the car. I laid in a small supply of the stuff, and proceeded to use it fairly regularly..I thought this might be ok, and that I might have found a solution...not.....Once I had to take the Volvo to the dealer, and it was raining pretty good....When they were finished, they parked it out in the lot, and when I came to pick it up, I was shocked...Instead of beading as I was used to see, the water had pooled in spots, runoff in spots, and in general, looked awful....I had just done a dri-wash not long before, and this was the results...If I had carnaubaed the car the same amount of time before, the rain would have been well beaded.

That was the point I decided not to be using this stuff anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the others, I knew right off it was madness to use it on a dirty car, but I found it to work pretty well as a sealant type product. It does contain abrasives (they settle out so you gotta keep shaking the product) but it gave a really glossy plastic-type polymer shine and very smooth finish. Pretty easy to use, too. I gave my leftovers to my buddy Aaron and he used it on his neglected `84 GTi and it came out looking good.

Robert
    Good judgement comes from experience, which often comes from bad judgment.

Post Thanks / Like
    but I found it to work pretty well as a sealant type product

Yea, but the problem is most real sealants will last 6 mos or more without redoing...Dri-Wash will last a few weeks at best...Theres no durability there, and since it doesnt last, its hard to call it a true sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a big multi-level marketing deal. I knew a girl who was using it to do mobile detailing. She wasn`t getting a lot of business, so I hired her to help me through the holiday season and once she started using Protect All Quick and Easy Wash (a non sudsing soap-just wash a section and dry immediately) and Meguiars polishes and waxes, she stopped using Dri-Wash.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    i do several customers that have used this in the past.i advised them of the bad things it does to the paint and told them that it is going to cost them by the hour for getting that crap out off every nook and cranny you don`t want it in. i once lost points in a showw because i could not get that stuff out of some body seems on a hot rod without doing damage

just my thoughts
    mike at the shine shop

Thread Information