Post Thanks / Like
    It`s time for another weekend detailing check. In my case, the Maxima will be getting the following done to it:

Wash with Dawn

Clay with Clay Magic

1x AIO

Souveran

I don`t think it`s going to take me 8 hrs like the last time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to Z6 off the SS and have a show in the morning..... Really not much to do to her, she was looking good for last weekends show, then drove her once, she sat in arage the rest of the time...
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    I already got started.

I used my new 303 on my interior... not too shiney but you can tell there`s something there without it blinding you. I think I`ll like it.

For the rest of the weekend I`m not sure yet... I`m either going to put 3-6 coats of z3 on my car and/or I`m going to be detailing/supervising the detailing of my bro in laws green F150. After he saw how well the 3M SMR worked on my car he decided he wants to have it done to his truck now. Should I be nice and let him use the PC with the SMR... or make him do the SMR by hand? >=) He is a body builder after all hehe. :xyxthumbs

Question for you guys... do you put Z2/3/5 on your glass too? I saw someone talking about that earlier today and I didn`t think you were supposed to put it on your glass... but if it`ll help make the waterspots easier to wash away I`m all for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a workvan to do this weekend. Just a wash...simple wax, and the complete interior spotless!!!!!

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    .....or atleast you hope it won`t......

well, its time for me to half-azz my wife`s car (aka wash it with some ungodly stuff to get the month-and-a-half worth of crap off the paint, then pray it can hold out another couple weeks until I get time to do a full detail - about an 18-20 hour process on the car in its condition :scared and its only a Buick Century!!)

its also time for me to Z7 my ride again.... follow with Z6. Next weekend (the long weekend) I`ll be spending my time between doing an 18 hour shift on my blazer (gotta take time to do the engine, undercarriage, re-compound and prep the paint, and start building back my Z layers.... interior needs shampooing too probably.... preppin it to take a trip up to the UP in about 3 weeks, and I want it to be good to fly) and doing my wife`s (if I have time for that mess)

also I`ll be working at detailing my work garage (aka the one-and-a-half car bay at my mom`s house)... cleaning out crap, prepping it to paint and do the flooring. (VCT).

Its gonna be a busy one, and if the temps stay the way they were today, its gonna be murder!! (I mowed the lawn thisafternoon, and the thermometer in my garage said 97 degrees)

Post Thanks / Like
    Extra-long weekend for us Canadians! And what`s more patriotic than beautifying your car?

SG!

SG!

SG! (maybe)

photos

Then get started on the other half of the hood! :p

LOL weekend plans? I did all my weekend detailing today.

ALL OUT ON THE ML, had to correct the 2 dealer swirl washes and the one time the dealer rinsed the dirty car and just dried it off . it consists of....

dawn wash

clay with GC lube

dawn wash

buff with DACP and yellow pad

buff with #9 2.0 and white pad

dawn wash(still beaded like crazy after wash)/simple green tires & wheel wells

dry and make sure no water spots (spot Z6 if needed)

Z5/ZFX

Z5/ZFX

Z5/ZFX

Z5/ZFX

stoner trim shine on wheel wells, and rubber trim around windows

TW tire gel on tires

hopefull I will sleep sometime tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to work on numbers. I have been hunting the car for awile/it`s year 2000 360 Modena/red on black/ ,i want "her" so bed . If i will get it i`ll post some pictures.So many ??? about this/mostly$$$,big$. Iam flying to LA tonight to talk to the owner. I think it is going to be final yes or no:argue
    2002 996 TT ( love her )
    2004 996 C2 ( will be replaced with 997 )
    2005 C 230 SS ( daily )
    2000 Land Rover Discovery ( wife`s )

Z7 wash for the IS tommorow, and another layer of Z5 is in order. If i recover...

Post Thanks / Like
    I just z5 the mustang tonight. It`s drying right now.

Does Zaino look good on Mineral Grey?

Post Thanks / Like
    Z7`d last night. Was going to Z6 tonight, but the neighbor had his dust-blower (aka lawnmower) out all evening. Maybe tomorrow.

If I have time, I may try 3M SMRing the heck out of a panel to try and get the swirls and wash mars out. I`m using a PC, but I just can`t seem to get them out. I have 4 coats of Z5 and can still see lines.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am replacing the shocks on the Explorer tomorrow with some new Tokico Trek Masters!

The plan is to jack up the front end, remove wheels (with new impact gun of course), clean wheel wells, install new shocks, and repeat on the rear end. I am considering putting some Z2 w/ZFX on the shocks first. Whacha think?

Car washes and lawn mowing will follow.

Monday will bring a new open air filter and do away with the stock air box. Fun for all!
    -Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    It was constant(I mean nonstop) rain today,and supposed to be like this all weekend ...

Although today I got to see the rain bead up on the 9 layers of Z I`ve got on there ...and saw Aquapel in action for the first time!

Once this *#&$ rain stops, I`ll Z7 and Z6 her, and maybe another layer of Z2...
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    helping my dad detail out his goldwing

Thread Information