Post Thanks / Like
    Searching the threads I found information on covering the electronics and using a degreaser or 303 on it, and also the opinoin to just wipe down what you can reach. I wiped off the hoses and some plastic parts, and without spending hours of time or spraying down the whole engine, I`m happy with how it looks.

Has anyone here done any paint detailing inside the engine bay. The red looks like it is the same as the car, but it has no shine. Lack of clear coat? Just dirty from never being washed well?

Would the heat from the engine affect detailing products if I tried them in the engine bay?

Post Thanks / Like
    The paint just looks dirty to me, I am sure with a bit of polish it will look just great.

I have stayed away from wax in the engine bay, due to the high under bonnet temps, but I have never tried it, so maybe I am missing out.

The old test of using polish to see if any colour appears is still valid.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    A QD like EF Clear Pearl is a great product to use on your engine bay paint.
    -Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing beats solid cleaning and detailing specific components but for overall quick detailing of the engine my favorite product is Stoners Trim Shine. It sprays on and instantly hides the dirt and gives the surface a clean, even satin finish. It works well on all plastic and rubber surfaces. It will last for weeks. It`s great for wheel wells and hard to reach places, too. This pic was of a pretty dirty engine compartment just minutes before.

The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RemmoSi

Has anyone here done any paint detailing inside the engine bay. The red looks like it is the same as the car, but it has no shine. Lack of clear coat? Just dirty from never being washed well?

No clear in the engine department of my Miata. Same color as the rest of the car but with a more matte finish.

Robert
    Good judgement comes from experience, which often comes from bad judgment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like to use Klasse under my hood. I start by cleaning with EF HI, and dressing the components with 303. Afterwards I coat the painted surfaced (and under the hood) with AIO. In addition to making it look new, it helps to repel dirt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brad B.

Nothing beats solid cleaning and detailing specific components but for overall quick detailing of the engine my favorite product is Stoners Trim Shine. It sprays on and instantly hides the dirt and gives the surface a clean, even satin finish. It works well on all plastic and rubber surfaces. It will last for weeks. It`s great for wheel wells and hard to reach places, too. This pic was of a pretty dirty engine compartment just minutes before.

So do you need to wipe off at all? Does it also work on metal parts?

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t need to wipe at all. It works best on rubber and vinyl. To achieve the same effect on metal parts use Griots Undercarriage Spray. A great concours prep product.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Thread Information