Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i am new to the microfiber world and would like some info on them. what should i use them for and what should i not use them for. also what are some of your favorite brands,where do i get them etc...... any other info appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    use the search function and you will find all the answers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do buy as many as you can afford (realistically about 20 is a good starting number...this prevents having to wash so often). Do assign MFs to certain tasks (some for wheels, some for paint, some for glass, etc.) Do wash them separately from other laundry (I like using a fragrance/dye free detergent). Do always keep a few around with some QD for unexpected problems on the road. Do buy from a quality vendor (CMA, PakShak, JT International, YoSteve, etc).

Don`t use fabric softener. Don`t dry your towels excessively (there`s some debate as to the harmfulness of drying MFs in the dryer fully, but I don`t take the chance). Don`t try to rip the tags out (can screw up seams...cut them out instead). Don`t use them after they`ve been dropped unless they are washed (hence the need for 20+ for klutzes like me).

Post Thanks / Like
    20?! Sheesh that`s $240 worth of towels hehe. I only bought 6 from CMA I`ll find out how many more I need once I try to detail my car this weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    I started the same way as you. Seven towels should get you through a day`s work, but you will definitely be washing at the end. It`s good to start out with some ultra high quality CMA miracles, but then I found out I needed to economize a bit and went the JT International route. Now I have about 75 MFs and am a lot less nervous about drops :p. I`ve found Zaino residue really saturates them quickly as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone PMed me about JT International last night... what`s their website? Google came back with Japan Tabacco heh.

Post Thanks / Like
    He doesn`t have a website. You have to email him, and I have misplaced his email address.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gator PMed me his email... jtintern@hotmail.com

I`m use to washing all my stuff after using it anyway... so only having 6 MFs for now should do... afterall I do still have my CWB and Fieldcrest towels... they just won`t get as much use and they use to.

Post Thanks / Like
    He also has them on ebay under (microfiber towels). I have 10 from him and they are great and I am ordering more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mutilator

20?! Sheesh that`s $240 worth of towels hehe.

You`re getting ripped off big time if you`re paying $12 per towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.properautocare.com/miracletowel.html

2 for $24. But I bet you`re going to say that you can still use their autopia discount page even tho it says it ended in Feb right?

Post Thanks / Like
    CMA miracle towels are the nicest towels I`ve ever seen, but they are overpriced. I have a few that are my "reference" towels, but the rest are JTIs and they are close enough in quality and dirt cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    www.pakshak.com

10 16x16" towels for 19.99. Thats 1.99 a towel. As far as I know, the best price anywhere. Look for my review in the product review section for pics.
    -Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mutilator

http://www.properautocare.com/miracletowel.html

2 for $24. But I bet you`re going to say that you can still use their autopia discount page even tho it says it ended in Feb right?

Like I said, you`re getting the screws put to you. $12 for a 16x16 towel, is theft, plain and simple. I purchase things from CMA, but not these towels. Check out the other threads for where some of the people are purchasing their towels. JT International is my favorite place.

Happy shopping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate for mym first post to you to be this but..

Your getting ripped off baddddd. JT International has teh best towels IMO. They are $2.00 very durable, and also very plush.

Get away from teh $12 towels. Those are a rip..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information