Post Thanks / Like
    The website site says not to be used with motorcycle wheels, but does not give any reasons. I don`t understand. I have two bikes, and I have been cleaning my wheels the same way as I clean a car`s. What`s the reasoning? My wheels are aluminum, btw, not magnesium.

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure Joe from E1 will have more info, but I`m guessing it has to do with many motorcycle wheels, brake rotors and spokes being anodized.

These types of cleaners (ours included) will damage the anodized finish.
    forrest

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the Aluminum Wash. Is that just as bad?

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The E1 catalog indicates that Aluminum Wash is made to be used on anodized aluminum.

I`d still ask Joe to be safe - he`d be the man to know.
    forrest

Post Thanks / Like
    First off, thanks Forrest for getting that wheel emergency. I had way too many things going on and couldn`t get back to it. I appreciate that you helped him like that.

Next, Forrest is rcorrect about the surrounding parts on a motorcycle. They seem to have so many different surfaces right next to each other and controlling overspray is not in most peoples vocabulary. But, this is only part of the problem. From MY experience, I have found many motorcycle wheels seem to be more delicate than car wheels. Because of this, I have seen them stain very easily to mild cleaners. I have also seen the exact same wheels on a bike not stain with stronger cleaners. I can`t put my finger on it, but I want to say that the same bikes mfg`d at different times have a variance of the finish on the wheels.

Our Aluminum Wash is pH Neutral and should cause no harm to your wheels. We also offer a cycle line and I would be willing to supply with our wheel cleaner to try out if you would like. I haven`t had a chance to get to all my e-mail this week and if you wrote through our website asking the same question I am sorry I haven`t gotten back to you yet.

Joe
    Vette-Pilot
    (Jack)

2007 Lemans Blue Z06 (EVIL Z)
    [B]2006 SLK55 AMG[B]
    Dallas, Texas

__ l __
    \_____0( . )0_____/
    ..............l . l . l..............

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, Joe. I did ask on the website, but your answer is good enough for me. I have noticed that my BMW`s (bike) wheels stain more easily than my car wheels. But they are clearcoated aluminum, whereas on my Kawasaki, they are anodized black, so the staining has not been an issue (I also do not have to work as hard on them, as they are black).

As for the free samples, thanks for the offer, but I am in Canada, and it`s probably a big hassle to get them up here, not to mention the duty and stuff. I am going to look for some of the cycle specific stuff at Canadian Tire and try them out. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you send it the last two days, I don`t have any before that and our website is being updated. Just wondering if I am missing some questions.
    Vette-Pilot
    (Jack)

2007 Lemans Blue Z06 (EVIL Z)
    [B]2006 SLK55 AMG[B]
    Dallas, Texas

__ l __
    \_____0( . )0_____/
    ..............l . l . l..............

Post Thanks / Like
    I just sent it this morning.

Thread Information