Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know any good ways of protecting cloth car seats?

I heard Scotchguard but are there any products that would help prevent staining/smudging of dirt on the cloth as well as reduce the amount of wear on the cloth itself (so in say 10 years the cloth won`t just disintegrate)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never seen cloth seats disintegrate in 10 years.

Well, Scotchguard...

or seat covers

or don`t drive the car

or take the stocks seats out and put some aluminum racing seats in... The won`t wear
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scotchguard eh?

Should I use any specific types of SCotchguard?

Post Thanks / Like
    303 Fabric protector works well and I use a towel on my seat.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only prob with the towel is that it makes it look kind of ghetto. I mean it works and stuff but it makes it look kinda tacky.

Post Thanks / Like
    303 Fabric Protector is an excellent product that also provides UV protection, the only problem is that it`s difficult to find locally and will most likely have to be ordered. Scotchguard is also a good product, I personally would give the edge to 303, but Scotchguard is available locally for a very reasonable price. You should be happy with either one. :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Showroom Lincoln (or anyone actually) could you please tell me what is the difference if any between these 2 products? I am going to be making a purchase soon and have narrowed it down to these two products and am trying to decide....

We have black velour type seats car is 10 months old and we want to keep them nice. Only have one tiny area we have to clean up first... apparently hair gel or whatever the heck my husband uses has rubbed off a bit on his headrest.... not on my side!!! LOL I try to touch as little of the car as possible!

Do you think just a bit of water and a mf towel or something could get the "gel" out before we use protectant or do I also need to order a "cleaner"? thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    The 303 product is more chemical based and a little "stronger" if you will. The 303 product also has UV protection, but it can also leave a chemical smell for a few days after application. If I was going to get a fabric product where I didn`t care about having to order it, then 303 Fabric Guard would be my choice. :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I`m off to place my order w/ CMA... !

Post Thanks / Like
    Hair gel is water based. I moist towel should rub it right off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi metroplex,

I too have cloth seats and the only best way I could see that I could protect it was to purchase seat covers. Not just your regular store bought seat covers but from Wet Okole. It is customized to fit snug with your seat and it is made out of the same stuff scuba divers wear.

www.wetokole.com

It is ideal in Hawaii, where you can enjoy alot of outside activities: beach, hiking, kayaking, surfing, etc.

Aloha,

~Ranney

Post Thanks / Like
    Wet okoles are really cool. But I hate the price. 225.00 for both of my front seats!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Guardsman Fabricoat is what furniture retailers offer for protection of a new couch. When they apply it on their stuff i believe its warrantied for the length that you own the thing. they cover burns, stains, rips, everything if you let them spray this stuff on. I sell the same thing only its label is for carpeting. it`s solvent based, won`t leave a smell after it dries and it will last thru four or so wet extractions if you were to clean the seats. It`s pretty sweet stuff, but a little bit expensive but like for carpet, they guarantee that your fibers will last longer than say carpet treated with scotchguard because the solvent wicks down and covers every fiber while scotchguard only sits on the surface of the material. i found www.guardsman.com but couldn`t find any info on fabricoat but any reputable furniture place will have access to it. rouch consumer cost is 45 bucks/gallon.

Thread Information