Post Thanks / Like
    First, allow me to taunt you. I`m in Burnsville, NC right now, and there`s a splendid department store called Roses that carries all sorts of hard to find, discontinued, or sometimes expired items for very cheap. Their automotive section carried about 50 bottles of Rain-X Wheel Protectant, which I rate better than Klasse twins on wheels. Now, however, they only carry about 45 bottles of the Wheel Protectant . At $2.50 a bottle, I bought five (and I already have 2). You need to find this stuff. It really works and it`s much cheaper and easier than Klasse.

Anyway, I also found some tire dressing (with no mention of silicone) and tire cleaner for a buck each from a brand called Re-New. I didn`t get any, though. Anyone heard of it?

There was also a carnauba wax from Waxmaster. Any heard of it?

At a different store, Wal-Mart, I saw they are now carrying a new window rain block. It`s called, appropriatly, Rain Block, and though I couldn`t find the price, the box claimed it was cheaper and works better than its competition (which is Rain-X, I assume). Anyone heard of Rain Block?

Happy detailing.
    -Chuckmotor

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made a new discovery as well today - was at a local shop where they do PDR stuff getting a dent fixed on my blazer (doggone parkinglot idiots nabbed my door AGAIN) and they had some stuff by eagle one, little scented things that clip to your vents for the AC..... smelled pretty good, I wonder how they`d work?? I wasnt gonna buy them at 5 bucks for 4 of them unless someone says theyre good.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought a new car and I`ll be taking off each one and using Klasse AIO and SG on them.

You`re saying that Rain-X Wheel Protectant is better than Klasse? You stated that it`s easier to apply. But does it last longer and is it easier to remove grime?

If so, this may save me a lot of time over using Klasse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

I made a new discovery as well today - was at a local shop where they do PDR stuff getting a dent fixed on my blazer (doggone parkinglot idiots nabbed my door AGAIN) and they had some stuff by eagle one, little scented things that clip to your vents for the AC..... smelled pretty good, I wonder how they`d work?? I wasnt gonna buy them at 5 bucks for 4 of them unless someone says theyre good.

Are they little black things and they kinda have a whole bunch of holes drilled in the part that fits inside the airvent? I dont` know who made them but I tried some of those before and they last like... the drive home before the scent runs out.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intel486

Are they little black things and they kinda have a whole bunch of holes drilled in the part that fits inside the airvent? I dont` know who made them but I tried some of those before and they last like... the drive home before the scent runs out.

yep! thats the ones! Guess I won`t be wasting my money on those anytime soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

they had some stuff by eagle one, little scented things that clip to your vents for the AC..... smelled pretty good, I wonder how they`d work?? I wasnt gonna buy them at 5 bucks for 4 of them unless someone says theyre good.

AutoZone sells them for $1.99. Same size package (4). They work okay, but like most fragrances, they only last a few days.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of "air fresheners" have a chemcial that coats the inside of your nose. That way you can`t smell the bad odour. :scared

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Tortuga

I just bought a new car and I`ll be taking off each one and using Klasse AIO and SG on them.

You`re saying that Rain-X Wheel Protectant is better than Klasse? You stated that it`s easier to apply. But does it last longer and is it easier to remove grime?

If so, this may save me a lot of time over using Klasse.

I did a complete comparison review a few months ago. Check it out here. http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...t+klasse+twins

Good luck finding Rain-X Wheel Protecant.

By the way, has anybody heard of that Rain Block stuff I was talking about? I`m wondering if it performs where Rain-X fails (streaking, etc.)
    -Chuckmotor

Thread Information