Post Thanks / Like
    Ive read all the old topics in the archives and the general consensus is that Zaino should be applied by hand and not the PC.

Ca anyone tell me why applying the Z would be any different than applying Klasse SG with a PC and the grey pad? Put a few spritz of the Z QD on the pad and then the Z2 or Z5. I just dont understand why more people arent getting the full use out of the PC and putting it with it. Having just gotten one recently, I plan to use it as much as possible. Call me crazy, but I actually love using a buffer, and the PC is a giant leap over my old one. If the general opinion is that the best results are still obtained via hand, maybe I`ll just stick with the Klasse twins. Thanx in advance to anyone with any input on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only reason I can give is my opinion. I believe it comes down to personal preference. I know alot of people here (and on other forums) prefer the PC, but I enjoy doing it by hand. It may save time and it may be great, but I guess I don`t trust myself with it and maybe it is because I am afraid of burning the paint or creating swirls. I know swirls happen, but why give any more reason to create them. I have always polished by hand on all my cars and other people`s cars and always have had great success. The way I figure it, "if it ain`t broke, don`t fix it."

There are no rules. It is your car. Do what you like or what gets the best results to your satisfaction.

Originally posted by Mr Hyde

Ive read all the old topics in the archives and the general consensus is that Zaino should be applied by hand and not the PC.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think people do it by hand because you can get more coats out of the Z. Several members here can use 1oz of Z and get more than 3 coats of it. I personally can get 3-4 coats with 1.5 oz of Z.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, my friend used an orbital buffer to apply on his second coat. He used FAR less product than on his first coat and he was done applying and buffing off before I was even done applying to my own car. LOL, I think he even used it with the Z6.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    with the PC. Just seems to spread out more evenly and covers more area. I was told early on that you want to apply VERY VERY VERY THIN coats of Z2 or Z5. The heavier you apply it, the longer it takes to haze and cure. I put a coat of Z2 on last week before a show with the PC and it took about 30 minutes before the whole car was ready to remove. It`s always taken longer than that for me when applied by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Zainoed by machine and really like it. The product went on very smooth and very thin. Check out this thread. :up http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...ino+by+machine
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never seen or used a PC, but I assume it is some type of machine that applies polish.

If that is so, does it work in a circular motion?

Zaino recommends that the polish and Z6 be applied and removed in a back-and-forth motion, horizontal on top surfaces, and vertical on the sides of the vehicle. They claim it has to do with light refraction. Perhaps an argument against a machine is that you lose that advantage by being forced to apply in a circular fashion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Following Showroom Lincoln`s advice on Zaino with the PC, I tried that method Friday night and did 2 coats of ZFX/Z2. I probably could have done at least 3 coats, but as my luck would have it, I got sick also Friday night, and have felt horrible all weekend. How`s that for dedication when you`re sick as a dog and out in the garage trying out new techniques?? Anyhow, I really like Z via PC!! I used about 2.5 for the speed and the results were amazing. I particularly liked how thin the coats turned out using the machine. I`ve used Z for a few years now, but every time I add another coat(s), I seem to like it even more! So, Im giving my :up for Zaino+PC and to SL for sharing his PC technique with Z.

BTW, I used the Meguiar`s foam Finsihing pads....

Post Thanks / Like
    atoews, PC= Porter Cable Sander/Polisher.

I think I`ll take the plunge and get one from coastal tools

Post Thanks / Like
    You won`t be disappointed. I have a PC and although I have yet to use it with Zaino, I have used it with Meguiar`s which can be a difficult polish to remove and it made it much easier!

I got mine through Meguiars but you`d probably get a better price going through Coastal Tool. Remember that it is a POLISHER which gives you an orbital action. Sanders go in only in a circular motion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanx for the help guys. Glad o know my PC wont be collecting any dust if and when I decide to try the Z. Maybe after my Klasse Twins run out. We`ll see... Thanx again.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI, Amazon.com will beat anyones tools prices by 10%, so you should be able to get it $12 bucks cheaper at amazon. Their standard price is $129.

Thread Information