Post Thanks / Like
    I am going to buy one soon, but I don`t know which one is good.

In my area, the only thing I can find is Makita 9227, about $270 CAN +tax in reno depot. and some other unknown brands. it says it`s not for beginner in some web site. so, What can i do?

I want to buy one that I will not feel wasting my money after few weeks

thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you want a rotary buffer? Rotary buffers take awhile to learn how to use and you probably want to get a junk panel from a junkyard to work on... or your neighors car. both work fine

If you don`t want to get serious into detailing, then a dual action buffer would be great to get and I have already show a DA buffer can take out sandpaper marks from colorsanding. I suggest the DeWalt Dw433. It is just like the PC but bigger motor, better built, and come w/ a velcro pad. It is their right angle random orbital sander.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, if you do a SEARCH on the topic you`ll find lots of talk about several brands. If you want a rotary (which it sounds like you do) the Makita is nice for the price. DeWalt and Milwaukee both make serious rotary polishers too.

For casual use I think any of these will be fine. The DeWalt and Milwaukee are more robust in construction and would be better choices for pro use.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI: Milwaukee is simply a Black & Decker in red clothing. B&D felt they needed a more "rugged" line to compete with the DeWalt`s of the world. From what I hear, the only difference is the red plastic skin -- guts are the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI: Milwaukee is simply a Black & Decker in red clothing. B&D felt they needed a more "rugged" line to compete with the DeWalt`s of the world. From what I hear, the only difference is the red plastic skin -- guts are the same.

Ehhh, sorry. B&D owns DeWalt not Milwaukee. The old B&D "BuffMaster" was made into the DeWalt DW849 but some small changes were made. Some of the parts were beefed up (like the armature) when the model became a DeWalt.

Now back to Kenji`s question. I agree with Bret, the DeWalt and Milwaukee are more professional models and the Makita leans more towards home casual use. The Makita is lighter than the DeWalt and Milwaukee because it uses a little less beefy parts. The Makita has a large motor but has small brushes which can make it run hot at times, also the armature size on the Makita is kinds small. If you are going to be a casual user the Makita would probably be O.K., and for $159 it`s a good entry level machine. If you are going to be using this in a shop environment then you will need some more heavy duty like the DeWalt 849 or the Milwaukee, but these models are around the $200 range. :up
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about the Milwaukee mistake, folks. B&D owns DeWalt, not Milwaukee. It was a long day yesterday...

Thread Information