Thread: Vinyl/Rubber

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any suggestions for vinyl/rubber protectants? I was using the Meguiar`s stuff (like the smell) that you can get at any auto store, but I don`t know if it offers any UV protection. Also when I use it on the exterior it would leave a nasty oily looking film after a rain. (runs off the trim onto the paint)

303 is good stuff, but expensive. Are there any good, cheaper alternatives that smell good?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Meguiars #40 does offer UV protection, and should not run off the exterior unless it has been applied too heavy or its rained on before it has had enough time to setup.

Your other two basic options are 303 and Vinylex, both of which are more expensive, and behave in the same way. It really comes down to your preference of appearence.
    -Sam

Post Thanks / Like
    If you mean the Meguiar`s Endurance Gloss, I do not think this product offers any UV protection. If you apply it to each tire allowing it to dry a little, when you are finished with the last tire, go back over the tires with a clean towel to remove the high shine and leave a nice matte finish that should not sling if you allow it to dry before driving.

This seems like a very good product that does not wash off for several washes and keeps the tires from turning brown.

Best of luck with your decision. This is the only product I have used for this application so I would not be able to help with comparisons.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just double checked the bottle and it`s the "Natural Shine" comes in a 16oz bottle, sprays out in a mist. It says it has some UV protection, but does anyone know if it has any petroleum sovents in it? Doesn`t say anything about that.

Thread Information