Thread: Using Vinylex

Post Thanks / Like
    I just started using this product and was wondering if I`m using it correctly. For example, I`ll do my plastic trim on the exterior of the car. I`ll apply with a foam or sometimes a terry cloth and apply in a circular polishing motion. Then leave it and thats it. Now my question is do you have to buff after a few minutes? How do you guys like to use Vinylex?
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    It all depends on your tastes. I like to leave it after application and let it dry, leaving a fairly high gloss. Others will buff it off after several minutes and still others will buff off right after application.

Try it a few different ways to get the feel for it, so to speak. You`ll find a technique you`ll like eventually.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

99scs2cool
    Be sure to wipe the excess from yr dash or It`ll Armorall haze the windshield.

As a matter of fact 303 will also do the same thing if the excess isn`t removed. I learned the hard way last weekend when temps got into 90`s here. Had just finished 303`n my dash and forgot to remove excess. Went to Lowes and when I got home the `ol Armorall haze was already forming. This was after only 2 hrs in the blazing sun.

Took a damp mf and took care of the hazing then my 303 mf and took care of the dash.

:shocked

Post Thanks / Like
    When you apply it do you like to apply it in a polishing circular motion?

Post Thanks / Like
    I user a cotton applicator and spray light spritzes ont he pad and just wipe back and forth long ways across the dash then turn it over and buff off the etra with the dry side.

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    The hazing you are referring to has nothing to do with the product you are using. Auto interiors contain mucho plastics. These plastics are produced by hydrocarbons. When the plastics are exposed to extreme heat or UV, they (hydrocarbons) "flash-off", thus causing the film on the inside of the windows.

Thread Information