Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was cruising their website looking for some garage goodies and decided to check out their prices on PC`s. I bought my PC from them and was happy with their service. So look at what I found:

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/S...htm?E+coastest

A PC 7424 "bonus kit", which includes a velcro backing pad and a 6" counterweight. The normal accessories with the 7424 are also included, of course (those being the white pad and a 5` counterweight).

I can`t think of how many posts are created here at Autopia from people asking questions about PC`s. For awhile I tried to answer as many questions as I could but have given up as it`s so time-consuming. Virtually every question had to do with counterweights or where to buy a PC. Now all you questions have been answered.

I think this package from Coastal gives everyone all the stuff they need short of pads. For the price ($119) I think everyone should just buy this and be done with it.

Kudos to Coastal Tool for listening to their customers and giving them a custom kit.:up :up
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, that is a good find. I am always suprised at how many folks don`t have a pc yet. I must have gotten on the bandwagon early! I have had mine for over 5 years now!

That looks like a good deal for those looking.
    -Sam

CCH Auto Appearance, LLC C. Charles Hahn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    not a bad find at all! except I wonder what kind of plate they`re including with it?? I`ve already found that there are differences, like between the Meguiar`s and 3M Hookit plates.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent - this is great. I`ve warned people about how educated they`d need to be if they wanted to save the most $$ - now I can just tell them - get this, and get pads. A really good price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been looking for a good deal and that was it! I just got done ordering one. Many thanks for posting that.

Post Thanks / Like
    not a bad find at all! except I wonder what kind of plate they`re including with it?? I`ve already found that there are differences, like between the Meguiar`s and 3M Hookit plates

Thats one of the best parts of the kit...Theyre including the Better, enhanced backing plate, the `8.....02` model.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked out what 4 Star is doing with their PC?? I think they are trying to compete with Coastal Tool. Its a pretty sweet deal if I do say so myself! Check it out! They are giving you free Platinum and Clay Magic with the purchase. I think that is almost as good as getting backing plates or polishing pads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Great offer from Platinum but...

Can we find out if they are including the 6 inch counter weight..

To get all that and have to go some where else for the counter weight is well

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce

Great Great offer from Platinum but...

Can we find out if they are including the 6 inch counter weight..

To get all that and have to go some where else for the counter weight is well

Jeff

Good point. You might want to shoot them an email about that. The counter weight is kind of important but it might be worth getting it somewhere else in order to take advantage of the Platinum or Clay Magic. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome find. Good job. For anyone looking to buy a PC, this is your oppritunity to save some money.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered one from coastal tool Friday, it was shipped yesterday, can`t wait to get it and check it out. If anyone has any specific questions about the velcro backing plate I`ll try to answer them when it arrives. Seemed like too good a deal to pass up to me :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think the 4star deal is anywhere near as good as the coastal...Youll still need the backing plate, which to me is much more important than the platinum give aways...And I bet you dont get the 6" counter wt either...forget the frills...gimme what I need...so not only do you not get the essentials, but it costs about 25 more bucks than the coastal...I think most here will be happier with the Coastal combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well..It was not too hard to find out that 4Star is offering the Backing Plate.....they are not offering 6` counter weight. All you had to do was click on the link..

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    On their PC section of their site, http://www.premiumautocare.com/porcab74dual.html, it says:

"At 4 Star we recommend using a 5 inch velcro backing pad and the original 5 inch counterweight that comes from PORTER CABLE. This set up more closely resembles the look and balance of the pad that Porter Cable provides with the 7424 while keeping the edge of your velcro backing pad protected and away from your cars finish instead of extending all the way to the edge of your polishing pad exposed. The 5 inch velcro backing pad is made by Auto Quip, Inc. and has PLENTY of grip for 6 and 6.5 inch foam pads."

They have a good point... what do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, I work in a lumber yard where we sell some Porter Cable tools, but are not a stocking dealer, my counter man checked a price on the 7424 at my request and told me last years price for a stocking dealer was $105. I`m assuming the price has gone up some since then, 3-5% maybe?

If Coastal has a national account then they get even better price, but it`s still a doozie of a deal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information