The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Medallion works quite well for me, mainly because the cleaning action seems to be just enough to maintain what is there and not cause the swirly, (like that?) look that a wax build-up can cause.

The question I have, if I use a carnauba over that, (I did, and it looks really great), will the Medallion last for several months like some of the polymer based sealants? Will I need to apply more Medallion and then the carnauba over it each time I detail my car?

Will just more carnauba every few weeks work? Do I just need to try it and see what happens? The car is a daily driver, but is well cared for and garaged much of the time. It is washed anytime it is dirty and waxed at least monthly.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Medallion and nearly every Meguiar`s wax and polish system over the years, and I frequently interchanged products. I found that Medallion was pretty easy to work with, but still only offered about ONE month worth of good durability and shine. Medallion is not a true polymer product and doesn`t come anywhere close to offering the kind of durability as a true synthetic. I applied #26 and even Gold Class over Medallion and vice versa, depending on what was already on the car.

So, my point is this, the durability of any car care product is only as good as the base coat layer(s), not anything you add on top of it. So, the Medallion will still be degraded by hot temps and every day environmental conditions regardless if you add anything on top of it. This means you`ll still need to replenish the Medallion about every month to maintain 100% shine or durability. Can you add other carnaubas whenever you like? Sure, nothing wrong with that. But after a few feeks, the Medallion will be about gone and you`ll be left with your other carnauba as the main protection and shine...

Do some experimenting and see what you like. I found that Medallion had a pretty impressive shine, like Gold Class, but relatively poor durability. The thing I liked most about it was its ease of use, no hard rubbing to buff it off, unlike #26 and sometimes the GC wax. Ultimately though the cycle of having to wax every couple weeks in reality to maintain a perfect shine got too old for me, so I moved over to a true sunthetic and have been very happy since then...

:wavey

Thread Information