Post Thanks / Like
    Basically, our 2 month old black Chevy Avalanche and most of the cars I will be detailing, sit outside 24 hours a day. More importantly though, is our Av in particular. Living in Southern Delaware, I have become aware of some pretty nasty ourdoor contaminents floating around. I detail the car each weekend, and it usually looks very nice, but only great after a major clean-up. For instance, I washed & QD`d it this morning, and afterwards it looks great in the shade, but get within 5 feet of a panel in light, and all you can see is tiny spots, marks, and spider web marks. I use Klasse AIO mainly, and there is currently 3 coats of SG over that too. I am no longer using the SG, because I simply don`t like the stuff. Nice slickness and beads water better than anything I`ve ever seen, but the shine sucks and there is no depth to it at all, even on black.

Basically, I`m in a bind. I would love to have the look of Souveran, but need something that`s more outdoor friendly. That, and it`s a little expensive (even though I`ve already spent at least twice as much trying other stuff!). I do however love the Klasse AIO, and the results I get from it. I`m willing to apply something every 2-3 weeks to keep the car looking it`s best, and the guy from tacscar emailed me recommending that I put Platinum over the AIO to get the results I want. Should this work well, especially for a car outside 24 hours a day.

I want a carnuba look and ease, but also want black paint that`s as close to flawless as possible. I like putting a little elbow grease into what I do, to get great results.

Oh yeah, to wash, I use Meguiar`s Gold Class Shampoo, a pure Sheepskin mit, and then dry with a water blade and the Absorber. Are any of these things part of my problem?

When your as anal as I am about these things, the results I`m getting can really make you mad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Try 3 or 4 layers of SG over the AIO, it will last 6 months+.

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading you e-mail a couple times, I`m leaning in the same direction as Tim is - go with Platinum.

You want a carnauba-like depth and shine but need more protection. And you`re willing to put some work into it. Based on that I think Platinum would be a great choice. It`ll give you many of the characteristics of the better carnaubas with a good amount of protection the polymer sealants can offer.

I`ve never tried the Platinum over AIO but its worth a try. Might be just the ticket for you.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Thread Information