Post Thanks / Like
    I have noticed that there is a lot of concern about purchasing on the internet. My main requirement is a 1-800 number so that I can talk to someone if there is a problem, are to just ask a question. What are your concerns?

BTW: I am not a seller, I only make purchases on the internet. I just started this thread to help us all come to a better understanding concerning this matter

Post Thanks / Like
    I do have concerns too, but that is why I watch my CC bill closely.

I recently disputed a $200 plus bill on my CC and I just received

a credit. I also have my CC changed in about every year. They send me a new one with different numbers. That way if someone uses the numbers of an old one , there outta luck.

jeff

This site has reputable companies (sponsering companies) handling CC.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sure there`s a way to see it when you use Internet Exploder, but I haven`t found it, so I use Netscrap so I can see the little locked padlock when I`m giving my CC #. I also watch the statements closely. (Touch wood) I haven`t had any problems yet.

My problem is having stuff shipped from the U.S. It has to clear customs. If I can get the shipper to send by mail, it`s not so bad. Canada Post charges $5.00 to broker the parcel. UPS charges $30. And, we have to pay them the GST & PST (sales taxes) on the item. This can also slow down the whole process of getting something shipped from the U.S.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand. I always shop around. One has to consider shipping and tax. I just ordered from Meguiars over the phone and have to pay tax as well as shipping. Where as from CMA I only have to pay shipping no tax. Thats shopping, but the point I was trying to consider was concerns over internet purchasing, like your pad lock issue.

Thanks for you response.

rightlane

Thread Information