Does anyone here have a "new-car horror" story?

Mine, was with our new Passat. On the third day after purchasing our car, some idiot decided to back into it. Luckily, VWs have really good 5-mph bumpers, but still, there were a few chips and scratches in the paint. The scratches were taken care of by some Finesse-It and a PC. The rest remain.

Then came the fragile B-pillar paint. The B-pillar swirls seemed to be a standard feature on every VW they sell… I hate that.

And now, my wigfe drove it to the grocery store this morning for about 40 minutes. It came back with some bird droppings; I noticed that an hour later. I quickly flooded it with rubbing alcohol and removed it with a lot of QD and MTs. Despite the alcohol to neutralize the acids, it seemed to have already eaten the clear. It’s really minor (I couldn’t even take a pic of it) and you can’t see it unless you look very carefully at the right spot… but still. Finesse-It by hand did nothing... any suggestions???!

The thing I really hate most is that all 3 things happened in less than a week after or while purchasing the car… the effect would have hit me less with the older Bimmer. I think this really proves how dangerous birds are- if there are droppings on the paint, get whatever you can to remove it, even if you think Z, K, BF, or P will protect against it. Swirls can be fixed, etching usually cannot.

[rant] end of rant [/rant]

~bw