Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the product info: http://www.collinite.com/auto.htm#super

Has anyone used this product and can let me know if this is good for shine and long durability?

Also, is this available in Toronto, Canada?

The lack of high end car products in Toronto makes me wish I moved south of the border

Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff! I`ve used it before.

I think they are in Utica, NY. Not too far from you.
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    Good durability, average shine. Not very easy to work with though. All collinite waxes are pretty durable, but can be a pain to use.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    What brand of wax that is available in Toronto is good to put on top of the #7 Glaze that will give me a good shine and last 3 to 4 months of REAL use not what the manufacture says?

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I`m not from Toronto I have no idea what products are available in you area.

But I can tell you this, not many waxes will last the 3-4 month time frame you seek. Blitz and Collinite are by far some of the most durable caranubas available. If durability is the #1 concern then go with Collinite, I have not found another wax that can match it in the durability department. If you want a blend of high shine and good durability then go with Blitz. These products are probably not available locally and will need to be ordered. Most waxes that you can find at local parts stores are not worth wasting your money on, and they certainly not last 3-4 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Turtle wax has the Super Hard Shell wax that claims "The #1 selling wax in the world, goes on and comes off easy to clean, shine, and protect your automobile for up to 12 months."

Is that to say that this product would not even last 4 months or a 1/3 of their claimed life?

Post Thanks / Like
    No it will not last a year, probably not even a month. Products that claim things like this are a total joke. Much like the products that contain Teflon and claim years of protection.....total fraud. They are ment for the "average" person and they prey on people who don`t know any better.

No caranuba wax will last a year, since it a natural wax it degrades quickly, even the most durable caranubas last around 4 months or less.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am rather concerned of this since if their product does not last close to 12 months or even 4 months, how do they get away with claiming that? This is fraud or misrepresentation

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2002camry

I am rather concerned of this since if their product does not last close to 12 months or even 4 months, how do they get away with claiming that? This is fraud or misrepresentation

I`m sure at some level they last to what the manufacturer says. You will just quickly lose the shine and most of the protective capabilities within a few months (a month-two depending on the cheaper stuff). It`s still there in some amount so it works. Plus, when they say 12 months - that`s for a garage queen in a perfect test enviornment, not real world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Collinite`s #476s Super Doublecoat Auto Wax is the SUPERMAN of durability. Simple amazing. Somewhat hard to remove, but not too bad. Let it dry completely, then remove with towel and good`ole`fashion elbow grease. I have found it to last 6 months - 1 year through harsh weather. Shine is good, although others are slightly better. I would use this on a car where you/owner don`t need 10/10 shine, are happy with 8-9/10 shine, and don`t want to bother with waxes/polishes for another 6 months to a year.

P.S. - The water beads like crazy with this product. Once the water stops beading, you need to reapply. From my experience in harsh weather (Pittsburgh, PA), will last 6 months to a year. Highly recommended!!! Makes me question the polymer people that claim carnuba has no durabilty. NO DOUBT THIS PRODUCT WILL LAST AT LEAST 6 MONTHS. PERIOD!!! I have used it MANY times.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Collinite #915 Marque D`Elegance. I think the shine is slightly less than egual to Blitz but still, it imparts a nice shine. The # 915 appears to have a greater durability than Blitz. The #915 was hard to remove at first before I realized I might have been putting it on heavier than I should have been. Through trial and error I found that It would apply very thinly, (like Klasse SG) and then come off as easily as Blitz. At $25.00 delivered for the big can, I believe it`s 25 oz., it was a good deal worth trying and adding to the collection.

Thread Information