Post Thanks / Like
    man I hate doing windows ; I read a trick with rain-x, i will try! any other quick, easy ways to do windows would help me greatly!I recently quit my nursing job to detail cars; and i need all the help i can get;thank all who help me, and remember i greatly appreciate all you out there with the knowledge and experiece to help others this place is awsome; it gives me hope:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I used to hate windows too, but when my Klasse arrived, I experimented with the stuff and made a mixture of AIO, SG, and distilled water. The stuff is AWSOME. I can use it to do glass (no streaking at all!!) and it acts as a great QD for the paint too.

Anyway, I clean the glass first with Stoner`s Invisible Glass to get the crud off. Then I hit it with an MF and some of my custom mixture to make the glass ultra reflective and STREAK-FREE!!

Post Thanks / Like
    ValuGuard makes a great window cleaner concentrate. My wife (she does the insides and the glass) loves it. She has problems with foaming glass cleaners for some reason so we stick to the bottle.

I also just bought some advanage concentrate. That stuff is amazing!! If you haven`t seen it work then you are missing out. It does glass, carpets, engines, everything!! Dilute it properly and this is the true multipurpose liquid. I highly recommend it. I`ve never seen something as versitile as this work so well in everything I`ve tried it on. Well worth the 33 bucks for the 32 ounce bottle. They even throw in a free spray bottle with dilution level markers labled on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try different type`s of towls, I use to use microfilbers towls but they left to much lent on the windows now I use the towls that came with my order of Stoner`s Invisible Glass 100% cotten towls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try newspapers! no, i am not joking, they are amazing the first time you try them; no lint!

Post Thanks / Like
    When doing the inside of the front window, wrap your towel or MF around the back of your hand to reach the hard to get at places near the bottom of the glass.

Spray or pour your cleaner directly on the towel.

Newspaper is one of the oldest ways of a streak free finish.

Each product has different chemical properties and cleans some things better than others, try em all. See what works best for you. :xyxthumbs
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Post Thanks / Like
    Prowax`s Aersol Foaming Glass cleaner + Microfiber towels = impossible to streak!
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use 2 microfiber drying towels (big blue towels) to dry the car. I then do the inside of the windows using the towels, the dampest one first to clean, the dryer one last to finish up. I haven`t had to use any cleaner at all since starting this.

Post Thanks / Like
    It may sound strange, but ive done it for years. Get a clean empty spray bottle and mix 2 parts vinegar and 2 parts distilled water. I have never ran into a streak w/ this mix using either microfiber or polishing cloths. ~Cody

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had great success with Stoners IG and two MF towels. Use the first MF with the Stoners and then follow up with a dry MF. No streaks at all !!!!
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I always try to do my windows in the shade, or in the garage as the heat will dy stuff to quickly and you`ll have spots and streaks.
    Joe Rush

Blue-Black Metallic

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

----------------------------

Wild Strawberry

1990 Ford Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never really understood why people do not like cleaning windows. Using 2 MF towels and a foam pad with Autoglym Glass Polish, works well for me. Every few months I use clay and lighter fluid to keep everthing nice and slick - I hate dirty windows.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Catfishnugget/ I love that name.

What is it you hate about doing windows? The inside/outside, bugs, smears, finger prints, well one thing I know that I consider a must is a clean mf just for windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Hypersion

Try newspapers! no, i am not joking, they are amazing the first time you try them; no lint!

Ditto!! And the windows gleam!! :up

Thread Information