Post Thanks / Like
    ok, i just purchased a 1990 nissan 300zx (platinum mist - aka silver) from a guy who stored it every winter and garaged it whenever it was parked. It`s in awesome shape but he has some minor scratches there and a few really deep ones where i`m thinking his kid`s bike fell or something like that. my question is what is my procedure that i wanna take to make this thing as sweet looking as possible? i do not have a PC and i am planning on once i work the scratches out (if i have to get a PC) then i`m finishing off with zaino. anyone have some recommendations for me out there as to getting that paint prep`d as good as i can?

Post Thanks / Like
    basically what you wrote..work at it with abrasives until satisified than top with Z

Post Thanks / Like
    dangit, i`m out of cash after buying this thing but my laundry list for it is prolly close to another $3000. any thoughts on doing this with an 8inch waxmaster polisher? is it doable?

Post Thanks / Like
    Those waxmaster machines are not really good for anything aside from spreading a wax.

Your need to polish your car by hand, it is time consuming and will take a bottle of polish, maybe more but the results are well worth it. From there all you`ll need to do is "maintain" your car by using a very weak polish on specific spots when you see swirls.

I had one of those waxmaster machines. I think I used it once and kept it in storage until I gave it away.

Thread Information