Post Thanks / Like
    I just got this thing...

What OPM should i use for applying 3m`s swirl remover, or any polish for that matter.

What about 3m`s fine cut cleaner, or such abrasive things.

And out of curiosity, applying wax.

I don`t intend to apply it by machine as i`m using Zaino and would prefer by hand, but i`m curious.

Any replies much appreciated, i`m sure this question has been beat to death but i just did a search on it and couldn`t find anything.

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on the polish and the problem you are trying to correct. I usually start at a lower speed for the first few passes, then gradually work up the speed with each additional pass to help break down the abrasive. On the final pass I will usually have it on about 5 or 6.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly what Showroom said...I start at "2" to get the SMR distributed around the panel and as I start to smell the petroleum smell, I up the speed to "6" and bear down (if the paint demands it) to get the polish to work in and then let up on the pressure after ever completed pass around the panel. By the end, I`m using only the weight of the machine. I stop just before the polish gets to a completely dry powder and buff off by hand, using QD if needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, well i didn`t see this post before i started so i took my best guess...i love this machine by the way...

I started by putting some 3M SMR on the *white pad, (polishing)...then placed on the paint and started on *1 to apply the SMR over the area i was working. Then turned up to 3 with some passes, more than 3...then turned up to 5 and passed some more...then wiped with MF towels.....i did this consistantly around the entire car speeds 1-3-5. Seemed to work well....i`ll find out later when the zaino is dry and i take it off..

but thank you for replying, i`ll definitly remember that for next time.

Thread Information