Post Thanks / Like
    If you have Meg`s polymer sealent, Zaino or Klasse how do you clean your tires when they are really dirty without stripping the sealent from your rims? You DO use a pretty strong cleaner right? Lukewarm water and half an ounce of Gold Class really doesnt work too well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Mother`s California Gold Car Wash. Just the leftover stuff from washing the car. I find that with a weekly wash, when I scrub the tires with a stiff bristle brush, that they are pretty clean, and all the dirt comes off, leaving a nice black finish which I then protect with more Endurance. I only find that I need to use something harsh at the end of winter, or if I have driven through weeks of rain (very possible in the spring here) Then I need to reseal the rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone just pointed this page out to me today, they`re from my old neighborhood ( I never heard of them before today ).

http://www.wheelwax.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I seal my chrome rims with AIOx2 and SGx5. I clean them with Zaino wash, it gets the dirt off of them with no problems. You have to be careful what kinds of cleaners you put on sealants or it will strip it off the wheel.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    See, the trick is to never let enough brake dust and road grime accumulate on your wheels :xyxthumbs , so you will just have to wash your wheels every night.

Ha, just kidding. I have used AIOx2 and SGx2 on my wheels in the past. When they got really dirty (with brake dust), I would use McGuires Gold class, with a touch of Dawn. The combo works pretty well, and removed all of the brake dust.

The hard part was getting my fingers into the small holes on the BMW wheels (man, that was the hardest part of cleaning). It used to take me almost an hour to clean my wheels. Now, I have big 17" wheels, which are a breeze to clean. I am about to order a set of 19" wheels for the car so that should make my wheel cleaning even easier.

Oh, I almost forgot. I have used Eagle One`s Mag and Wheel polish. It is specially formulated for wheels. It looks great as well, if you are looking for an alternative to Klasse sealants.

Best regards.

Post Thanks / Like
    JOED it ain`t easy cleaning the tires with tire cleaners and not getting any on the wheels. I spray...Brush....dwell....rinse with low flow water...Repeat as required.

PLus the profile of my tires is quite larger than a teeny car tire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Guess My Name

PLus the profile of my tires is quite larger than a teeny car tire.

Bashing my sporty tires eh? What I lose in side wall I make up in width (285 width). I plan on getting 315`s once I lose all the thread on these BFG KDW`s which isn`t going to happen anytime soon, I spent WAY too much on these wheels to be lighting em up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are actually 265/75/17...pretty dang heavy too when removed....dayum truck tires....take a whole bottle of cleaner and protectant to detail.

Post Thanks / Like
    My pads dust worse than a BMW. I clean them everyday I use my car and at the end of the day (just making two or three short trips) I can wipe off dust with my finger and that part of the rim I just wiped will be cleaner than the other.

So you can just picture how much dust the tire dressings suck in.

It`s really really bad. I am going to be getting a new rotor,disk,pad and s hose setup when these pads go. The rear rotors are not large enough and warp a little after some heavy braking. You need to go easy on them for 600-800 miles to fix em.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Guess My Name

Mine are actually 265/75/17...pretty dang heavy too when removed....dayum truck tires....take a whole bottle of cleaner and protectant to detail.

No kidding I have 285/75/16 BFG AT and I use a ton of zaino on those things. I also hate to clean the tires because the tread is huge on the top of the sidewall....

Thread Information