Post Thanks / Like
    I just bout a set of MVR magnums for my BMW. I was wondering if I should try to build up a few coats of wax before putting the on? Do you think it`s worth it or will the first time I have to really was brake dust etc off will it be a waste? Am I better off with no wax and just doing my best to keep them clean? Anyone have any thoughts on what wax to use if any? The car only has Zaino on it but I have just about everything else available...Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    I put three or four layers of Klasse SG on wheels, they look great and are very easy to clean the famous BMW brake dust off of.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!!! It is prett scarry gow much brake dust they produce. thanks for the help...

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have Zaino on your car also use it on your wheels . I Zaino`d my clearcoated wheels and brakes dust really never sticks to them and what does wipes off easily between washes. An added feature is the shine. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    on the wheels to stand up to the high temperatures. Zaino will work fine if that is what you have. That is what I use on my BMW wheels. The brakes dust a lot and after 2 weeks of not washing they are black, but after a few coats of zaino they come clean every time with nothing more than car wash and a sponge.........

Originally posted by DETAILKING

on the wheels to stand up to the high temperatures. Zaino will work fine if that is what you have. That is what I use on my BMW wheels. The brakes dust a lot and after 2 weeks of not washing they are black, but after a few coats of zaino they come clean every time with nothing more than car wash and a sponge.........

DK nailed it, If you want something local go for meguiars #20 polymer sealant. Easy to use and good durability!

Post Thanks / Like
    J/w if any of you guys take the wheels off and clean them really well and wax them while not on the car or what?

I thought about doing something along those lines to get some really good loooking wheels ;-)

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Initially you can take the wheels off and perhaps do it once a year thereafter.

Once you wax the wheels you can`t use wheel cleaner because it`ll strip all your efforts.

I Klassed my wheels and in my 3rd coat left the "haze" on the inside parts, figured I needed all the help I could get.

I also use Rain-X wheel protectant (Sonus QD claims this also) to prevent dust from sticking. They both don`t intefere with wax and makes a great combo :up
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Thread Information