Post Thanks / Like
    OK, I`ve been an auto appraiser in the past and worked with a LOT of body shops. They seem to use 3M, Meguiar`s Pro, and some other stuff that is only sold out of trucks (like Snap-on and Mac tools). But, by reading this board, I`m learning even more.

Here`s my question: Should I throw either of the following away? I have some Meguiar`s GC paste and some L&S 501 that I`ve had for years. I just recently heard some good things about the L&S 501, but have never really used it.

Before I go out and buy $50-$100 worth of Klasse, I`d like to finish off these.

I also have Eagle One Wet Wipe `N Shine and Meguiar`s QD. I only have a little of the MQD left, so I guess I`ll finish off the Eagle One before I buy anything else. What QD is the most recommended for the $?

Thanks. (Sorry about rambling on)
    `05 Green Pathfinder SE Off-Road

`10 Silver Prius...um, yeah

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m only familiar with the Meguiar`s products here, but I think you`ll get a variety of answers here. Do a search on the products here and you will see all the opinions. As for whether you can use the GC paste wax, I say why not? It`s one of the most popular mainstream carnaubas here. To get much better than GC, you would have to go to the Pinnacle waxes, which are significantly more money.

If you are willing to wax once a month, as dictated by the durability (or lack thereof) of wax, go for it. If you want to try out one of the polymers, go ahead and get some Klasse or Zaino. Or if you want to try something readily available, try Meguiar`s #20 polymer sealant. It`s not as good as Klasse or Zaino, but is pretty damn good bang for your buck.

Anyway, do a search, and you will see what I mean.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Concours kit is only $39 from CMA and comes with 16oz of AIO, 16oz of SG, and 2 MF applicators. You cant beat that price.

Post Thanks / Like
    It appears that the L&S 501 has broken down. When I squirted it out of the bottle it was a nasty greyish/brownish multi-color and was kind of clumpy.

I used it on a marbel-like countertop to test it and I was not impressed. I realize it`s not the best test.

I guess I`ll throw it away.
    `05 Green Pathfinder SE Off-Road

`10 Silver Prius...um, yeah

Thread Information