Post Thanks / Like
    My wife`s car (Audi A4), was subject to a hailstorm last thursday. Of course, we`ve got dents.. there`s about 10-15 dents on the car. My insurance company was *VERY* helpful in this. I had to bring it in to there inspectors and they cut me a check so I can use whatever repair place I want.

Besides just wanting to vent about how mother nature can do such a crappy thing to such a beautiful car, I did want to know what should I look out for in the repair. I`m pretty sure I want to do paintless dent repair if at all possible. If it`s not possible, what should I expect? Once the dent is pulled is there anything I should look out for specifically?

Maybe I`ll try to post a sad picture or 2 tonight if theres enough light to take them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know where you live so its difficult to help you specificly. You should be able to do paintless repair. I`ve seen lot of examples and they look perfect.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in the burbs of Washington D.C. (though some would call it the sticks not the burbs), In northern VA.

Leesburg to be exact.

Mostly I think I want to know if theres such a thing as *bad* paintless dent repair. Would I know it if I saw it? Could they do something in the repair that could potentially damage my paint? Or am I just being paranoid and obsessive. Maybe someone can explain the paintless dent repair process to me?

-Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    I had dentless paint repair many times in all my cars,(Dentx)which is what is called around is awesome,but not cheap.Once they work out the dent in the metal you could look from morning till night and you wont find it.IN my opinion is great if you find the right person or company to do it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by webdanb

I live in the burbs of Washington D.C. (though some would call it the sticks not the burbs), In northern VA.

Leesburg to be exact.

Mostly I think I want to know if theres such a thing as *bad* paintless dent repair. Would I know it if I saw it? Could they do something in the repair that could potentially damage my paint? Or am I just being paranoid and obsessive. Maybe someone can explain the paintless dent repair process to me?

-Dan

There IS such thing as bad dent repair... some places don`t do it properly and you MAY see paint cracking after a period of time, or perhaps the dent will `remake` itself..

I need to get some dents pulled out of my hood but they are under my 3m Clear Bra.. so a lot of places wont guarantee they can get them out without taking that off.

Thread Information