Post Thanks / Like
    I was hoping someone could recommend a good product for rubber and vinyl care. Also, I have 18" wheels and they accumulate alot of break dust and dirt. Using Zymol does a pretty good job on the outside, but it doesn`t really take out oll the dirt and grime on the inside. I was hoping for some tips on what to use and how.

One more question, I have a very very small scratch (surface) on my car. What is the best way to get rid of it? The car is speed yellow.

Thanks,

Kevin

Viking
    Have you tried a polish? It will help make the scratch seem less severe.

Post Thanks / Like
    What polish is recommended?

Viking
    Considering I am still a pup to this circuit, the only polish I have ever used is the Meguiar`s Polish, which is part of their three step system (cleaner, polish, wax). When I recieved my new car a few weeks back it was delivered with swirl marks, compliments of the minimum waged paid high-schooler`s detailing my car. I went through the three step process and used an orbiter. The results where great. I would think the same process could benefit your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used `Orange Glo` paste and it worked quickly and like a charm to clean off all the brake dust and grime. I then followed up with some AIO (just for good measure) and folk lore value.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I use only Zymol, which is the only thing I really trust. I went to an auto detailing class a while back and the guy sold me. One of them was from Autofanatics and the other guy was an independant detailer. I can attest that Zymol truly did bring a deeper darker luster to my car. I use the Zymol car wash and then I use the HD cleanse and then the Zymol carbon based wax. As for the orbiter, I don;t know if I trust myself with something like that . Maybe I will try the Meguiras polish.

Thanks!

Kevin

Viking
    Concerning the orbiter, just try it out on your family`s cars, they`ll think your being a nice guy for waxing their autos, while little do they know your practicing on their cars so you don`t rip your own windshield wiper off. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Eagle One Aluminum Wash. It`s pH neutral, so is easy on the wheels. I spray on, leave for a minute, then agitate with a toothbrush, hose off. After the wheels are all clean, I coat with Meguiar`s #20. The wheels stay clean and only require car wash for about a month or so, and then it`s time to do the full cleaning cycle again. People here have also had great success with Eagle One A2Z, P21S tire gel, EF HI, etc., so you might want to do a search.

Post Thanks / Like
    For the rubber and vinyl give One Grand ERV a try. I`ve tried Vinylex and 303 Aerospace Protectant on tires and exterior rubber/plastic trim and nothing else has come close to ERV. Seems to last forever and gives a nice black satin finish, not shiny at all.

http://www.carcareonline.com/og_extrubbr_10229.html

Thread Information