Thread: Poly clay

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone ever used Pinnacle`s Poly Clay?

Post Thanks / Like
    A large number of us have, it`s a very good product.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Poly Clay. Its the best clay I`ve ever used by far. I haven`t used Zaino`s clay but I hear that is pretty good too. Pinnacle seems to make a clay that folds eaiser and lasts longer. Top notch stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the poly clay for the first time yesterday on a white "Lightning". I have clay-bared this truck several times in the past using Mothers or Meguiar`s. The poly clay seemed ok at first then it seemed to get dryer than usual with small brittle holes in it. I kept the truck well lubricated as usual.When I was almost through, the bar began to soften up and work real well. By the time I was finished, the bar seemed saturated and was so soft it would hardly form. I let it set out and air dry for over an hour and it still remained exsteemly soft and moist.I used the Pinnacle lubricant that came with the kit. The clay bar was like wet cookie dough or something.(sort of slimy) I`m not even sure if I could do another vehicle with this same bar because it is so soft and unable to form up into a firm substance. I didn`t even seal it up when I left the job over 5hrs later because it was so moist and soft and leaving yellow dust-like residue on the inside of the bag and my hands. Is this typical? Has anyone exsperienced this with poly clay?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just looked at the poly clay bar (24hrs later) The bar was still so soft, moist and gummy that I tossed it. It still left yellow dust-like residue on my hands and would not even firm up enough to form. I tried it on a small 5x5 spot with some OF pinnacle`s clay lub and it left the yellow residue on the paint. (SUCKS) I have never used any clay but Mother`s or Meguiar`s and only once did I have a problem. Once I obtained a Mothers clay bar that was hard and very,very hard to kneed and form. I just wrote it off as a bad bar or the kit had been sitting on the shelf too long. Anyway, I have 2 more poly clay bars left. Maybe I got a bad bar or something. It got the job done, but I`m defantly not impressed with the "poly clay" so far. Maybe I`ll try the Clay Magic next time, or just stick to the Mother`s. At least I get more than one use out of their bars.

PEACE

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi X-MAN,

There is a local distributor here in Hawaii that sells Clay bars that I think are pretty good. The light gray clay bar weighs 200mgs, light blue clay bar weighs 100mgs, and the purple clay bar weighs 200mgs. I think their clays are pretty good. I have listed them in order from fine to medium grade. I have had better luck with these clays than the Zaino clay.

200mgs light gray clay bar = $25

100mgs light blue clay bar = $16

200mgs purple clay bar = $25

Aloha,

~Ranney

Thread Information