First of all before i start i would like to say a special thanks to all thoose who helped me when I needed them including RedCar GUY, NY Detailer, RD_VOLVO, dlw, ShowroomLincon and all the others.

When I accidently marked the car with the carpet adhesive I literally aged 10 years in 2 seconds. I nearly died. I could not believe what i had done. In a desperate panic i tried first on my own to remedy the problem by claying (this was at 11.05 at night)!!!! Having failed miserably doing this I could not thnk what else to do. I was scrubbing with a soft mitt the marks and was going nowhere fast.

Then I thought of my friends at Autopia and in a instance lept over to my laptop and tuned in to the detailing forum. I had two screens open one so i could see who was online, the other on creating the thread.

Then, i recieved some good response suggesting ideas that I would never have thought of from Autopians who throught the time i was online provided me with real assistance. Thanks.

I have removed 80% of the marks/blemishes that were created using mineral spirtits, and a lot and i mean a lot of wd-40. I have been also waxing the panel(the rear passenger door).

It is looking better now, but ive still got a distance to go before it is back to normal, and i am going to put some real gutsy effort in tonight from 9-12pm.

Seriously though at the time i felt really depressed at what i did, but now i feel on top of the world. Thanks again.

All this got me wondering, LIVE REAL TIME VIDEO. When i was applying the wd-40 last night RedCarguy & ShowroomLincon were constantly at my side. It was a nice feeling to know that i have people so far away from my home here caring about me and my car.That is just beautiful inits own right, when you think of all the hatred & fighting in the world today.

Anyway, as my buddies were keying in there messages i thought imagine if it were possible for us at Autopia to have real time live video threads where like last night Autopians can see what I was doing and providing first class assistance.Wouldnt that be great??????????????

Thanks again and i will come back tonight on this forum and keep you all posted.

Regards,

JOHN ROSS

Post Thanks / Like
    What are friends for!
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

I think you just pointed out what makes this community special. People really do care.

Also, I have always thought that live web cams would be great. I for one, would love to have a live web cam on Brad B`s upcoming event. That would really be slick.

Maybe I will add Autopia web cams to the wish list for this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by John Ross

First of all before i start i would like to say a special thanks to all thoose who helped me when I needed them including RedCar GUY, NY Detailer, RD_VOLVO, dlw, ShowroomLincon and all the others.

When I accidently marked the car with the carpet adhesive I literally aged 10 years in 2 seconds. I nearly died. I could not believe what i had done. In a desperate panic i tried first on my own to remedy the problem by claying (this was at 11.05 at night)!!!! Having failed miserably doing this I could not thnk what else to do. I was scrubbing with a soft mitt the marks and was going nowhere fast.............................................. .........

JOHN ROSS

LOL! You sound like me! I was up until about 1:45 last night trying to make sure the hood of my truck was okay! I had been spray painting my front bumper and it left paint residue on the hood.(I`ll cover up the hood next time). Well I know that the paint residue wasn`t that serious but it bothered me still. So I had to wash, polish and wax the hood. Needless to say I am tired this morning!:p
    T.T.O.R.A. SC Chapter

(ttora.com)

1996 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7l 5spd.- White

Post Thanks / Like
    JOHN WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT PADDLING UPSTREAM!

Post Thanks / Like
    This board is going to continue to cost me money, I see. First with the Klasse and the Pinnacle. Then the PC. Then Blackfire. Now a web cam? I`ll bet you are going to make me get DSL too so I can keep up with ya`ll. You`ve already got me moving into a duplex instead of this lousy apartment so I can have a garage and a driveway to wash my car on. When will it end??? :nixweiss

Actually, I love this board. I don`t understand some people that can`t seem to see the beauty of the board. We have some of the nicest people on the web here. The information I find here constantly amazes me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear things got better, i`m sure it will all turn out ok... man i just about die when i mess up on my $18,000 civic... couldn`t immagine what i`d do if i messed up on a bentley. I also like the real time video idea... I think it would be really cool if some of the guys on this board did little real time tutorials. Where they are on live video and everyone else is in a chat asking questions. The first thing that comes to mind would be having NYDetailer doing a little into to using a rotery buffer... or someone showing how to clean the intererior well. I think it has been said many times but that video that DavidB`s video of using the PC helps a ton. Watching that little video is more helpfull than spending 30 minutes searching the forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    John>

Glad to hear that it is working

Just remember we are here for you..........

Hi, my name is Bill.... I am a net junkie.... OKOK! now back out to the garage!
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear we could be of assistance John. Stay the course my friend, the car will turn out fine. :xyxthumbs
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    John,

I`m glad to hear that everyone`s suggestions are working for your emergency problem...

I agree with everyone else`s comments that there is no other forum out there on the web that is as helpful and nice as this one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s what I posted in the other thread that John started earlier:

W O W...I`m impressed

Not only do we have a gaggle of Autopians helping a fellow neighbor with his problem that is obviously keeping him up at night (as it`s near midnight when he wrote the orignal post), but his wife has seen a new form of society in action.

The above may sound corny, but this is what Autopia has brought out of us "obsessed" detailers. If it weren`t for the likes of David & Holly Marie, we`d still be in the dark ages buying our product at the supermarket or discount store and thinking that Turtle Wax and Armor All was the only stuff out there.

As I said it above, this may sound corny, but I`m highly impressed with this thread and its deeper meaning.

John, I sincerely hope that you have restored the finish of the Bentley to its original glory. Do post pictures. I, for one, would love to see the outcome.

Best of luck!!

It really is true. People just can`t believe it until they come here for a while. What a wonderful place.

Post Thanks / Like
    :up

glad everything is working out, here to help anytime.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdman, I know the feeling. I always wind up spending green on detailing supplies.

David: Remind me to contract someone to do some custom things to the garage when I move (e.g. Refrigerator, DSL Line, Washing machine, Webcam, cabinets).

Post Thanks / Like
    :xyxthumbs glad it all worked out for the best, John!!

I totally agree, this forum is really friendly and helpful in our times of stress. As long as this forum stays up, I`ll be in the detailing mood!:p

Thanks for making this such a great forum!
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Thread Information