Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Everywhere I go, I am looking to find obscure items. Any store I go into, I look to see if they have detailing products. I went to Autozone, specifically looking for clay magic, ended up buying 6 2-packs of TW micro fiber cloths and a viking wash mitt. I already bought a PC 7424 and the pad set. I have 2 coats of Souveran on my 240. Everytime I go into my garage, I smell my Pinnacle quick mist and the other products that came with the kit. I washed and waxed my car twice this week, even thought I KNEW it was to rain the next day. Yesterday, I pulled off the front wheels to detail the wheel wells and clean the inside of the rim. I take breaks at work just to look at the reflection on my car. I sit at work clicking refresh on my browser anticipating a new thread every couple of minutes. Well, just wanted to share.
    1997 240sx

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I`m retired, my wife is so sick of me washing, polishing, detailing, then using her wash machine to wash towels. She`s making me look for a job, full or part-time to get me away from my obsession with my perfect cars. Tomorrow I`m going to fill out applications at some of the detail shops in town. That`ll teach her!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been wondering this also!! Tonight, I showed my kids how to properly wash a car, and talked my son into helping me polish & wax the wheels.

A couple of years ago, I thought my husband was talking about the tires when he said "nice wheels".

I also find myself stopping & thinking -- "nice car!!" when I admire my 850 - which is now housed in the portable carport that we bought especially for it!

I find myself inspecting cars for swirl marks as I go through parking lots.

Oh, well! Even if friends & neighbors think I`m crazy, I`m having fun! :xyxthumbs And driving a really pretty car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dlw

Although I`m retired, my wife is so sick of me washing, polishing, detailing, then using her wash machine to wash towels. She`s making me look for a job, full or part-time to get me away from my obsession with my perfect cars. Tomorrow I`m going to fill out applications at some of the detail shops in town. That`ll teach her!

HAHAHAHAAHAHA

I must say, the wetsanding you did with your Jeep is incredible. I wish I had the knowledge, time, patience and (excuse my choice of words) balls to do that my my car.

Your son`s prelude looks great too.
    1997 240sx

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Volvo4Me

I`ve been wondering this also!! Tonight, I showed my kids how to properly wash a car, and talked my son into helping me polish & wax the wheels.

A couple of years ago, I thought my husband was talking about the tires when he said "nice wheels".

I also find myself stopping & thinking -- "nice car!!" when I admire my 850 - which is now housed in the portable carport that we bought especially for it!

Oh, well! Even if friends & neighbors think I`m crazy, I`m having fun! :xyxthumbs And driving a really pretty car!!

My neighbors kid`s keep asking me if they can help me wash mine, I keep telling them "Next time", I am afraid they are going to drop the mitt and start rubbing grime onto my paint. So I was thinking maybe I can pull a "Tom Sawyer" and let them clean the wheels.

I have alway`s been into my car`s appearance, maybe not this much, and at this point when I pull the PC out, I cannot imagine what my neighbors think.
    1997 240sx

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Rcs476

My neighbors kid`s keep asking me if they can help me wash mine, I keep telling them "Next time", I am afraid they are going to drop the mitt and start rubbing grime onto my paint. So I was thinking maybe I can pull a "Tom Sawyer" and let them clean the wheels.

I have alway`s been into my car`s appearance, maybe not this much, and at this point when I pull the PC out, I cannot imagine what my neighbors think.

I have to admit I kept telling them "if you drop it, don`t pick it up!!" They now also know what the "beltline" of the car is -- "don`t use the mit that`s for below the beltline above the beltline!"

I don`t think I drove them too crazy though, because when my 15 year old daughter heard that we clayed/polished/waxed the wheels while she was at ballet, remarked "Darn! I missed it!"

Future Detailers!! Yeah!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have to admit I kept telling them "if you drop it, don`t pick it up!!" They now also know what the "beltline" of the car is -- "don`t use the mit that`s for below the beltline above the beltline!"

I don`t think I drove them too crazy though, because when my 15 year old daughter heard that we clayed/polished/waxed the wheels while she was at ballet, remarked "Darn! I missed it!"

Future Detailers!! Yeah!!

Guess what, you just taught me about the "Beltline" too. Thanks

As for your daughter`s comment, that`s awesome. I am still trying to teach my 27 year old brother, that you need to wax after you polish, and dawn is not the "best" wash for a car, that it strips wax. Nooooo he`s always right.
    1997 240sx

Post Thanks / Like
    :bounce Wow! I actually taught somebody something!! And I`m not being sarcastic! I must be moving up in the car care world!

I`m just glad my kids are interested to learn - they will be driving cars that pretty much qualify as beaters - a `73 Super Beetle and the `84 Volvo 240 Wagon - but I`ve told them that they can look as nice as the new cars if they learn to take care of them.

Both need paint jobs after years of neglect, but they can start learning now & be ready for that nice new paint when the time comes!

Post Thanks / Like

:bounce Wow! I actually taught somebody something!! And I`m not being sarcastic! I must be moving up in the car care world!

I`m just glad my kids are interested to learn - they will be driving cars that pretty much qualify as beaters - a `73 Super Beetle and the `84 Volvo 240 Wagon - but I`ve told them that they can look as nice as the new cars if they learn to take care of them.

Both need paint jobs after years of neglect, but they can start learning now & be ready for that nice new paint when the time comes!

PS, Kudos to you for being a woman who strongly care`s about he cars appearance. There are not enough of you.
    1997 240sx

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I kind of feel like an odd ball sometimes -- this is definitely more of "a guy thing"

-- but it`s also fun to have something in common with my husband -- so we can wander the auto parts aisles together, and now I`ll actually look at the tools with him in Sears!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks! I kind of feel like an odd ball sometimes -- this is definitely more of "a guy thing"

-- but it`s also fun to have something in common with my husband -- so we can wander the auto parts aisles together, and now I`ll actually look at the tools with him in Sears!

Eh, "Oddball" is pretty harsh, consider yourself a Rarity, rare things are good, appreciated more.
    1997 240sx

Post Thanks / Like
    your just getting started... there was a thread a while back about habbits Autopians have.. read that.... i caught myself a week ago at a restraunt looking at the swirls in the tables finish...

Post Thanks / Like

I do that too. I also do that in traffic. I want to tell people how to wash there cars and the dangers of a tunnel car wash. (Unless of course you are driving a new camry.)

I recently saw a black Deville Concours and a Q45, painted with a flip, which someone damaged with a rotary. Terrible swirl.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading this thread, all I can think is ME, TOO !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    eom :xyxthumbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information