Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5 Year Wax!

Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine, not waxing again until 2007! Whoo Hoo!

Fancy chart at the end full of data. And remember, if your wax doesnt have the patent, you`re missing out!

http://www.5starshine.com/

Let the flames begin...

Post Thanks / Like
    hold on while a throw up!

this wax looks so strong I wonder if it withstands supermans cold breath and laser eyes!!!

hehe, I looked up the one guy who quoted on that site, I lives about 5 mins away from me. Maybe I should go to his house and take a pic of his car, lets see it in action!!!!

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah! Do it. Enquring minds want to know!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do i smell a group buy for it??

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, 5 years. Thanks for the link. I`m throwing my Zaino and Klasse into the trashcan now.

Post Thanks / Like
    ill try to do a drive by pic sometime if i get the time hehe, hopefully he is a street parker!

Post Thanks / Like
    As I said in the subject line, I am skeptical about the five year wax. While I have written extensively about waxes, I find it hard to believe that there is a product that would last five years.

Anything that lasts that long sounds more like paint than a protective coating.

Well, I hate to burst anybody`s balloon, but so what? Does the application of a five-year "wax" make cleaning obsolete? The whole concept of clear coats is to beautify and protect the colored base coat. The reason for waxes and sealers is to provide a temporary, wearing coating that protects the paint until it is replaced with another coat.

This stuff sounds vaguely like a product called Vivalon which is sold to school districts to protect school busses, etc.

Sorry, but I think that perhaps the claims could be true, but they are not the answer to my prayer or those of a person who cares for a vehicle.

:shocked I`m willing to believe, but somehow....
    John Lamade

Post Thanks / Like
    This product line has been talked about a few times here. For those interested, do a Search and you can read comments from others.

Needless to say, I don`t know anyone anywhere that uses it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry guys, It ain`t gonna happen! No matter what you`ve been told, there is NO WAX that will last more than 6 months, unless you place it on a non-driver parked in a garage.

Even the clear coat won`t last 5 years unless it`s properly maintained and protected.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO they need to keep Teflon to frying pans and leave it out of car wax. Show me a wax or sealant that lasts 5 years and I`ll show you a way to turn $100 into $100,000, Hillary style...

Post Thanks / Like
    The only Wax I used on my car that lasted 5 years is called "Paint"

Post Thanks / Like
    we can add it to the list :

www.protech.nl

www.tefloseal.com

and (maybe?) many more to come:nono

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Car24

Sorry guys, It ain`t gonna happen! No matter what you`ve been told, there is NO WAX that will last more than 6 months, unless you place it on a non-driver parked in a garage.

Even the clear coat won`t last 5 years unless it`s properly maintained and protected.

Careful.......

I think there is much more to the equation than just saying that no wax can last 6 months. The KLASSE crowd here claims 6-9 months protection with a few coats of AIO and SG, even on an outdoor car. Also, my sisters old 1997 cavalier has NEVER been waxed, and it still looks like new,and glossy, all it needs is a good cleaning......go figure.

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send that baby to the APG it`ll faulter from the sun and rain combo. Unprotected paint doesn`t last very long in those conditions.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    We know better, but a lot of people have too much faith in this type product IMO...

What`s bad about all these claims from manufacturers is the false sense of security it can give to people, mostly the average Joe that dosen`t know ( or seem to care enough to research it ) about the things we discuss here.

Case in point; I was called by someone with a 1997 Sedan DeVille, and they wanted it washed. I washed it, and found some bird dropping etchings in the clear. I mentioned it later and explained what caused it and why...my customer looked at them illicited a quizzicle face and then comments about the car having a dealer supplied"lifetime sealant" followed, and that he always left the bird droppings on it because of that, and didn`t worry. He was pretty steamed and was going to call the dealer. I tried to tell him the deal with things like this, and that there are no panaceas against the world`s abusive biological and man made nasties, but he still felt like someone had swindled him out of his life savings. LOL.

I don`t know what the fine print is on these dealer supplied "sealants", but i`m willing to bet it dosen`t cover total neglect. You think?

He traded the car in shortly after, and I spoke to his wife about it once shortly after that, but she said the dealer wouldn`t repaint the hood, and she left it at that. He bought a Lincoln too.

I wish I were a fly on the wall of that dealership when the topic of "dealer supplied paint sealant" came up in the buying process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information