Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I would layer the wax on my fathers van but he really needs something that`ll last a little longer rather than shine. No way I am going to wax that van every two weeks anyhow. One more layer of Klasse every month to month and a half should keep it looking decent.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I would layer the wax on my fathers van but he really needs something that`ll last a little longer rather than shine. No way I am going to wax that van every two weeks anyhow. One more layer of Klasse every month to month and a half should keep it looking decent. [/b]</blockquote>
    Pinnacle lasts a lot longer than just two weeks. I used Pinnacle Paste Glaz on 2 LS 400`s and an Excursion I wash regularly 2 months ago, and all are still beading and feel slick after washing-and the guy with the Excursion lives about 40 miles one way from his office (where I clean it), and it has been very rainy in the Dallas area. It`s holding up very well for a carnuba-although Meguiars #26 beads for 2-2 1/2 months also.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bjwebster, did ya`ll get any bad weather up there? We didnt in Hickory.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Bumpers Plus [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Hey Bjwebster, did ya`ll get any bad weather up there? We didnt in Hickory. [/b]</blockquote>
    Nah...the worst we got was a few second`s of drizzles! Im glad the hail missed us, I only have a carport and with the wind..I was a little nervous.

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle lasts a lot longer than just two weeks. I used Pinnacle Paste Glaz on 2 LS 400`s and an Excursion I wash regularly 2 months ago, and all are still beading and feel slick after washing-and the guy with the Excursion lives about 40 miles one way from his office (where I clean it), and it has been very rainy in the Dallas area. It`s holding up very well for a carnuba-although Meguiars #26 beads for 2-2 1/2 months also.</blockquote>

I guess everyone`s expierences are different. I used Paste Glaz on my Lincoln and it only lasted 2 weeks in the Cincy weather. I believe Jason in NY had similar durability. :nixweiss
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definately give Pinnacle Paste Glaz 2 weeks of durability. Then everything goes down hill from there. Acid rain is high in NJ and parts of NY so durability goes down, but different environments and paints play different factors on a wax.

Pinnacle Souveran, I had this wax last roughly 8 weeks on a burgandy ML320. It was only a weekend warrior though, washed it twice during those eight weeks. QD with Meguiars QD and One Grand Show Off (look for the review done by myself.)

I guess this would be put under, Your Mileage May Vary. (YMMV)

BUT Pinnacle Paste Glaz is sooooo easy to apply and remove some people do this every 2-3 weeks.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been playing with carnauba as well for the last 2 days (Souveran), and the ease of use on Souveran really blew me away and really gave me the urge to give up Zaino, since durability is not my main concern. Shine & Ease of use are far more important to me.

However, I looked at my Z car again, and still love the way it looks... Oh well, I don`t think I`ll ever give up Z totally.

Post Thanks / Like
    William, so many damn good products to use, but so few cars to try them on..... oh wait, never mind. That doesn`t apply to you. I`ve seen your pics!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Mothers the best. I find their Sealer and Glaze as well as the Carnuba Wax works out the best for black cars. It leaves the least amount of swirls behind. Meguiars is close behind, but I notice it leaves some swirl marks. I follow up with Mothers SHOWTIME quick detail. Gives the car a nice smell and feel.

I have seen those Pinnacle car waxes and its just too expensive. But at least you get what you pay for, from what I hear...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

I guess everyone`s expierences are different. I used Paste Glaz on my Lincoln and it only lasted 2 weeks in the Cincy weather. I believe Jason in NY had similar durability. :nixweiss

Maybe the air is better in the Dallas area-no heavy industry around here-so probably less crap coming down with the rain. I really haven`t had any durability problems in this area-even the guy who washes his car (the touchless ones at the gas station) 5-6 times a week. I wax his car with #26 every two months and it is still beading-but he said when I used Pinnacle Paste Glaz, the beads stayed real small and tight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jrh382

I like Mothers the best. I find their Sealer and Glaze as well as the Carnuba Wax works out the best for black cars. It leaves the least amount of swirls behind. Meguiars is close behind, but I notice it leaves some swirl marks. I follow up with Mothers SHOWTIME quick detail.

What Meguiars products are you using? How are you applying them? Properly used (including proper buffing and pad selection), you shouldn`t get swirls from any quality product.

I have seen those Pinnacle car waxes and its just too expensive. But at least you get what you pay for, from what I hear...

You definitely get what you pay for with Souveran. An 8 oz container should do 30-40 cars depending on the size. If you wax once a month, it should last at least 2 1/2 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    You definitely get what you pay for with Souveran. An 8 oz container should do 30-40 cars depending on the size. If you wax once a month, it should last at least 2 1/2 years.

Definetly! I wax like a mad man! Using Souveran is so easy I do it often. As many coats of wax as i have put on my ML, I have barely dented the can!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used souveran for the first time last night. With the experience I had with it, I wil probably use it every other wash. God this stuff is awesome. Too bad it`s raining pretty much all week here in NY, hell, I`d probably be out there now staring at my car.
    1997 240sx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information