Post Thanks / Like
    What is good for windsheild wiper fluid? What are your thought on that K-Mart blue stuff that comes in a big plastic bottle? I need something to take care of the nasty bugs that splat on the windsheild. Can anything in wiper fluids hurt the car paint or the plastic trim around the windsheild?
    Aloha

Tom

Speckle Clover Green 2002 Honda CR-V EX

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what im afraid of. Although they say that the blue stuff cant hurt you car, you gotta know that different paints have different substances and you cant be to sure that the stuff is really safe. I use the easy and safe method for windshield washing fluid......water

Post Thanks / Like
    p21s makes a washer booster that I hear is pretty good.

Also I remember a thread about people saying what they use. DO a search for it it was like at the end of last year I think.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d stay away from the blue stuff too. I don`t think it performs that well; I`ve used it during Chicago winters and it wasn`t a good performer.

Prestone makes a couple windshield cleaners and one is for summer use on bugs. I`ve used their winter stuff and it`s not bad. Better than the blue crud. You can find the Prestone stuff at auto parts stores.

I`d try P21S for sure. Certainly worth the attempt. And I`m sure it`ll be paint safe.

Lastly, the cleaner that`s in my car now is the best I`ve ever seen. It`s Saab`s own windshield washer fluid. It`s got an alcohol smell but is also soapy. It cuts thru almost anything. Fantastic stuff. I have no idea what it is or who makes it. I call it "Saab Juice". Available at your local Saab dealer if you want to experiment with something.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rain-X also used to make a windshield wiper fluid. It was pink and extremely potent. It is about as powerful as the Prestone. I have used both and for some reason prefer the Prestone, but the Rain-X is not bad at all.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the p21s booster that u can make your own fluid with. Since the winter freezes are over I will try it and do a review!

Post Thanks / Like
    303 has tablets that you mix with 1 gallon of water to make a windshield washer fluid. I haven`t heard anyone review it but it seems like a good product. I received a tablet from them in their sample kit and will try it out in a few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Dude [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Rain-X also used to make a windshield wiper fluid. It was pink and extremely potent. It is about as powerful as the Prestone. I have used both and for some reason prefer the Prestone, but the Rain-X is not bad at all. [/b]</blockquote>
    I love the Rain-X stuff, though it`s hard to get. Just picked up the last bottle they had at the WalMart in Berlin, MD, and I almost didn`t find it, because it`s green now instead of orange.

It really takes out the big bug splats out, which is a good thing, because some of the bugs out on MD`s Eastern Shore rival small birds in size.
    ---joe

Having fun driving my first MB (`02 E320)

Post Thanks / Like
    so does the rain-x wiper fluid actually "refresh" the rain-x you put on your winshield? that`d be great becasue there are times when the rain-x I`ve applied has worn off after a few days of constant rain and I haven`t had time to put on a new coat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the little blue tablet in the 303 sample pak, and to be honest, I wasn`t impressed. It seemed to be no better than the blue stuff.

I think I saw the Prestone brand at Wal-Mart. With bug season fast approaching I think I`ll give it a try

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t care for the wiper wipes either. They only seemed to work for a couple of days and the blades started chattering again. Just my .02

Thread Information