Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the yellow pad from CMA on my DeWalt Orbital yesterday. I was just wondering if I use the yellow pad with a polish will it leave a haze on the pait or does it just matter on the polish? I do not really want to use my white pad b/c I only have one left and I don`t want to just order one white pad from CMA.

The reason I`m saying this is because I used the yellow pad with ProWax`s Duz-All Clearcoat cleaner on one panel of my truck. I then applied a layer of ProWax`s Satin Finish to the paint. The guys at prowax told me you will be able to get a high gloss shine with Duz-All topped with Satin Finish.

I compared it with my door which had been prep`ed with Meguiar#9 and you can tell a difference. The Side I did with Duz-All is kinda hazy. I was wondering if it is b/c of Duz-All or the yellow pad.

So basically, If you have used the Yellow pad with a polish, what kind of finish did you get? Was it hazy or very clear?
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of factors can be involved here. You can get micro-marring from too agressive of a pad, it depends on the finish.

In general when you use a "cutting" pad you are going to leave marring and marks that will need to be further polished down with a less agressive pad and polish. A cutting pad is in no way ment to be a "finishing" pad, it`s really more of a leveling pad.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I know all that. I was just wanting to know what kind of finish other people got who used a fine polish with the yellow cutting pad.

Post Thanks / Like
    3M Finesse It II + cutting pad and PC on a 1999 dark blue corolla finish :up

I liked the resulting finish, followed up with Klasse AIO by PC and most of the swirls were gone, about 85% were removed. No need to follow up with #9 or SMR.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    If you buff FI-II throughly and correctly it "can" create a fine finish with no need for further polishing.
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the yellow CMA pad on a PC with #9 on my niece`s badly oxidized red Civic (after a Dawn wash and Z clay, of course). Buffed it nearly dry (to a light haze), wiped off with a cotton towel. After wiping, no more haze, no more oxidation, swirls reduced to virtually none. Just left with a nice, squeaky clean gloss. Another wash with Z7 and finished with Z5/ZFX x 2, and it looked great.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    Alright, good to hear. I`m guessing it is the product I`m using them.

I`ll try to go get a finer polish and try it out.

Thread Information