Post Thanks / Like
    I have two brands of MF Towels that I`ve been using on my truck, and both leave lint all over the place. One kind (Yellow and plush) came with my Klasse kit, and the other ones I bought on the cheap at a local store (brand name of Nic San - not as plush as the yellow ones but are 70/30 and made in Korea). I notice the lint on my paint, but it is abundantly obvious on my glass. These MF towels have been washed several times, and are always air dried. Are there MF towels available that DO NOT lint? If so, where (Tascar, YoSteve, etc.)? Also, how many of you have had the same problems, and how did you stop them from linting (besides stopped using them)?

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    a linty towel is not a good towel despite the blend, after washing if it hasn`t calmed down, it may never.

other things to test for (scratchibility), good towels perform well on the CD test, with little to no marring caused by a towel

is the yellow one from 3M? i could see it being not as plush but it doesn`t lint, how does it do an the CD test?

HTH
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Serious no BS kinda guy forrest@mothers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How were they laundered? My wife was kind enough to wash some of my MF`s with a load of terry cloth towel rags, and now those MF`s are full of lint.......
    forrest

Post Thanks / Like
    I have experienced the same linting problem with 2 inexpensive Nic Sand towels (one yellow and one green). They`ve been machine washed and dried about a dozen times (each load only contained other MF towels), but they still lint terribly. I only use these for dry dashboard dusting now.

On the other hand, I`ve had very good experiences with some higher quality MF towels. I can personally vouch for the CMA Magic Towel and its Tacscar counterpart the Ultimate Towel. They`re very plush and no linting. The Big Blue Drying Towel and Maximum Finishing Cloths also do their jobs well. Others here on Autopia have reported good results with towels from Yo Steve and Neat Items as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve found that after one or two washes if there still producing lint they always will. i bought some from a manufacturer once and he kept saying "oh just wash them and they`ll quit linting". After about twenty times through the washing machine they were still linting.

forrest, i have some mfs that got buddied up in the washer with a terry towel, so i know what your talking about...

Post Thanks / Like
    These Nic Sand MF Towels have only been machine washed separately on normal cycle with a small amount of Tide liquid detergent. They are then air dried. Once, they were machine dried on low heat, but again, by themselves. The other MF towels came with my Klasse purchase, and I don`t remember the name off the top of my head, but they`re yellow and lot more plush than the green and blue Nic Sands. They don`t lint anywhere near as much as the other ones do. This just gives me another excuse to go out and buy more supplies!

Thread Information