Post Thanks / Like
    What exactly is the difference between a Polish and a Wax? Reason I ask is that I was considering trying out the Zaino products which all seem to be based of polish and no mentioning of using a wax. Is this a good idea, or should I stick with a wax product?

Post Thanks / Like
    A polish is a product that will clean and polish the paint. It will take out swirl marks, light scratches, and other paint imperfections according to level of abrasiveness.

The word polish has different meanings that will change when asked to different representatives of different companies. Meguiar`s is a big offender of this. They have good products, but most autopian`s have more knowledge of paint care than some of the people at Meguiars.

Zaino is a polymer sealant.

Zaino will protect the paint better than a wax (more durable), but if the wax is applied often, it will protect the paint.

It comes down to what look you prefer (carnauba or sealant), how much time you are willing to spend on your car, and how often.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a comment I posted at Edmunds recently:

<em class=`bbc`><strong class=`bbc`>What`s the diff between polish and wax?[/b] I posted a descriptive post about this very topic; wish I could recall the post number. Basically, "polishing" is the process of bringing the paint to its highest gloss possible. It may (and usually does) include more than one product and application. "Waxing" is the process of protecting and enhancing the work you did when polishing. It`s the final step in the process. The product you use is designed to be sacrificed over time so it`s a process that will need regular application, while polishing can be done once or twice a year.[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is not a polish in the sense that it will clean the paint and abrasively remove swirl marks. It is a synthetic sealant. It is called a polish because it is not a carnuba wax.

Thread Information