Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought this stuff from my loca AutoZone and it`s browning the hell out of my tires. Someone please help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    What can I do to get the browning out? I don`t use any specific tire cleaners. Just the gold class on the tires as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go back to Auto Zone and buy Eagle One A2Z wheel cleaner (new formula in orange bottle) and use it on your tires. This should take care of browning you have right now, if not try some kind of degreaser (Simple Green).

Use "search" to find out what tire dressing to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One Tire Cleaner will work if you can find it locally. I think NAPA carries it, but you may want to call first to be sure.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Get some greased lightning too. That stuff cleans tires to no end. Then go over them with whatever tire dressing you like. That is my formula for good tires. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Should I use greased lightning every time I clean my tires? What are the most popular tire cleaners and tire dressings? I know people have recently been talking about TW tire dressing but I can`t find it at local Autozones or Walmart/Kmart/Target. I like the deep shine look (looks better on white cars).

Post Thanks / Like
    If you get the tires good & clean, and use a quality dressing, you should not have to use a cleaner very often. The TW stuff folks talk about has been discontinued. You might find some places online or locally that still have some stock left. Lots of other choices out there too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t use the greased lightning every time. Just once in awhile. If I`m doing a car that I haven`t done before, or if its been a really long time since I did it last, then I will spray the greased lightning on the tires before I wash. The dirt just streams off the tires. Then I dress them at the end. They don`t generally get that dirty if you wash regularly and keep up on your tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tire "browning" is almost always caused by a build up of dirt and numerous applications of protectant. To avoid it you`ve got to clean your tires everytime you wash, or at least when your tires are getting dirty. Firmly rub a finger along the sidewalls to check for dirt and product build up: If black crud comes off, clean the tires.

I use E1 Tire Cleaner which I think is a wonderful product. Only problem is that its tough to find at retail. If you do find it locally, let us all know.

You can order it online from CMA or Eagle One directly.

<em class=`bbc`>(I wonder what`s up with this issue? I just answered the same exact question over at Edmunds...........weird)[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    Frankly I doubt the product is causing the "browning" but the preparation/application. Most of the manufacturers have addressed any inherent properties that cause "browning". Start with well cleaned tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Blake [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Frankly I doubt the product is causing the "browning" but the preparation/application. Most of the manufacturers have addressed any inherent properties that cause "browning". Start with well cleaned tires. [/b]</blockquote>
    I agree. I`ve used several Meguiar`s products on my tires (M40, and both Low Gloss and High Gloss Endurance) and none of them "browned" the tires. I wash the tires every time I wash the car, and I use either Simple Green or Meguiar`s EXTRA All Surface Cleaner and a stiff tire brush to clean the tires of all old protectants before I reapply Endurance or M40, and it works wonders.

Also, you want to buff off all excess protectant any where from 15 to 30 minutes after you apply it, because the excess that doesn`t get absorbed into the rubber attracts dirt.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by drbigz [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I bought this stuff from my loca AutoZone and it`s browning the hell out of my tires. Someone please help. [/b]</blockquote>
    Like Len_A suggested, try using Megs Extra all surface cleaner on the tires before the protectant. I used it last weekend with excellent results, after 5 months of winter driving my browned, filthy tires looked like new.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s not easy, if you have dirty tires expect to do ALOT and I mean ALOT of tire scrubbing. The dirt will just keep coming. Once there clean apply some non greasy protectant and everytime you wash your car strip the current protectant off for a new layer. Don`t just scrub a little when cleaning your tires, you got to scrub with all your might. Tires compliment the car so much when they`re clean yet it`s not easy. That one of those "hard work pays off" jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jimmyS [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

Like Len_A suggested, try using Megs Extra all surface cleaner on the tires before the protectant. I used it last weekend with excellent results, after 5 months of winter driving my browned, filthy tires looked like new. [/b]</blockquote>
    Where can I get Megs Extra All Surface Cleaner? Do they sell it at places like Autozone or Pep Boys? Also, does anyone have a picture of a good scrubbing brush that they can post? Any suggestions on what to look for in a brush or any pspecific product that you would recommend? Once again, thanks for all your help.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by drbigz [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

Where can I get Megs Extra All Surface Cleaner? Do they sell it at places like Autozone or Pep Boys? Also, does anyone have a picture of a good scrubbing brush that they can post? Any suggestions on what to look for in a brush or any pspecific product that you would recommend? Once again, thanks for all your help. [/b]</blockquote>
    I pick up the cleaner at Canadian Tire which isn`t much help unless your in Canada.

Would imagine most places which handle Meg`s products will have it since Meg`s recommends it for use on just about everything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information