Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have experience with Zymol Carbon wax on black cars? Have been using Blitz and am very happy with the results, but wondering if Zymol Carbon is much of a difference....

Post Thanks / Like
    There may be a VERY slight difference with shine going to Zymol.

But be redy to work with the Zymol, it takes some practice to master the application.

Blitz does stain back trim, but being careful or taping the black trim off will prevent this.

Durability, Blitz hands down.

Price, Blitz hands down.

My opinion, stick with Blitz, unless someone gave you the Zymol for free to try out.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason,

How would you say Blitz compares to P21s as far as durability?

Adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Blitz will last longer than P21S but P21S is so easy to apply and doesn`t stain trim, its a good option if you like to wax, a little better shine than Blitz.

These differences are VERY small though. It will take a experienced detailer with a good eye to tell a difference.

If you are looking for another wax and want more shine try P21s or Pinnacle Souveran. They are less durable but are so easy to apply/remove you may find yourself doing it after every other wash.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Carbon wax all the time. It can be a PITA to deal with when you first start using it but I think you will be happy with the results you get. It is very easy to apply after you get used to it. Just make sure you use the HD Cleanse pre cleanser. It will not stain the trim and as long as you use a non aggresive wash it should last for a solid coupe of months. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for reminding me. I still have my jar of carbon

sitting in the bottom shelf of the fridge.

It`s decent but lasts one week. Also I found that it sweats [hazes]

on real hot days.

Blitz is great.
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I was not impressed with Carbon. The durability is pathetic (lasts around 2 weeks max, probably less) and the application is a major PITA. Not to mention how overpriced it is.

If I were you, keep using Blitz.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen first handed that one grand glaze and wax is a competitive product that is not overpriced. I would stick with one grand becasue i have heard the omega glaze for black is the best glaze/polish for black except zaino or klasse.

I would look for p21s products also that is what i use on my white car and i am nothing but happy

good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    The standing joke about Zymol is that it lasts about as long as it takes to put it on. But, some folks love it`s pina colada aroma.

I`ve used Carbon on my black car and agree with the above posts... use P21S or Blitz.
    1999 Black Corvette Coupe

1993 Ruby Red Corvette Conv

2003 50th Anniv Corvette Conv

Post Thanks / Like
    Figured I`de res-erect this thread. I`ve been a frequent user of the Zymol Carbon Wax for years. 90% of the time I use the Carbon Wax. The other 10% of the time I spring for the Concours wax by Zymol. Both great products.

Zymol Carbon Wax

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, no comments on this thread since 2002! And you`re spamming our community, why?

:hm

Man-O-man, and they wonder why I drink!

Bring it on, spammers. I`m ready for ya! :bat

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder why a company like ZY**L needs to resort to such measures? Just as pathetic as GL**E.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Especially now that the recession is over-LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    In spite of the lame bump action that brought this thread back to life, I thought I might add my $.02.

Many years ago (at least 10 years, maybe 15), I bought some Zymol Carbon from my local (underwhelming) detail supply shop. I was drawn by the fancy display case, little jars filled with nifty smelling goods, and sales spin. I was also young, ignorant, and otherwise an OTC product buyer.

I brought it home and used it maybe 3-4 times in total. It was like trying to apply and remove Crisco cooking lard to the finish of my vehicle, and seemed to nearly instantly evaporate off of my black finish any time daytime temps exceeded 60*.

It`s sat on the shelf in my garage ever since. I don`t even know why I keep it around.

That`s my Zymol story.:werd:

Thread Information