Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried Griot`s Rubber Cleaner and Vinyl & Rubber Dressing and if so how do they comapre to (what appears to be) the board favorite 303?

If using 303 or other product, what is the favorite rubber cleaner among Autopians? By the way, I prefer a more matte appearance than shiny.

Thanks in advance !

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want the "factory new" look with a nice subtle shine then go with 303. I used to use Armor All and whatever else they had an autoparts stores and I heard so much about this 303 stuff, I bought it once and I have never even had the desire to try anything else.

It goes on really easy, water based, not greasy, after a half hour to hour when it "soaks in" it looks more like you have a new dash board, it doesn`t look like you"dressed up an old dash board".

Hard to explain but I know you`ll like it. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve used it, but not the rubber cleaner. the vinyl/rubber dressing is very similar to Zaino Z16, but i think the zaino lasts a lil` longer. either one gives a nice satin finish on the tires - never used them for the interior.:bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Griots products are pretty good products usually. I never have tried the rubber dressing or vinyl dressing but i would highly recommend vinylex. I feel that is the best . Lots of UV protection and lots of shine.

Armor all is horible

no uv protection and it has things in it that are unhealthy for your car.

Use vinylex but i hear 303 is equally is good

Post Thanks / Like
    In my detailing business I use nothing but Meguiar`s #40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner for the interiors. For the price per/oz. you can`t beat it. The trick is just using it on the interior surfaces i.e. dashboard, vinyl trim parts ect... I was and still am suprised at the comments from the ladies that come to me for detailing and comment on the smell of the interior after I detail it for them, they really like it.

This product lasts quit long as well and you can get it locally at an auto body supply house instead of internet mail order.

303 is for sure the best product on the market for the conditioning of vinyl and such, but the price is elevated for the average person.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting...I was under the impression that a separate cleaner and protectant would be preferred, and have been dubious of a combination like #40 or other similar product. I guess I will have to re-think that. Or at least give it a try.

Thanks!

Thread Information