Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG, funny man.

The snow just melted this past week and I spent 4 hours detailing the truck yesterday (came out real nice).

Anyway, about 2 hours into the job, the `Lil ole man across the street starts mowing his lawn (???????) and kept looking over at me. I knew it was a matter of time before he was coming over to interrupt me and tell me what to use and what`s best.

He kept me busy listening for about 45 minutes while I had a coat of Medallion on the truck and I was telling him my detailing steps I took so far and he *dared* suggest I try Turtle Wax Cleaner Wax. LOL.

"You can probably skip all the polishing with a cleaner wax, he said." I almost broke out into a full laugh.

I had to walk him over to my detailing closet and show him the Souveran, Blitz, Meguiars #26, #7, #9, Medallion, Zymol.

I didn`t have the heart to tell him I wouldn`t put Turtle Wax on the lawn mower.

"Well, your vehicles DO look nice, he said."

End of story.

Friendly guy, but, a typical neighbor.

Post Thanks / Like
    You know, that`s funny, I can recall roughly 6 months ago how some old guy in AutoZone was trying to sell me on a big orange bottle of NuFinish. I think NuFinish is hiring these people or something.

I go along with it, I tell them I would be interested in trying NuFinish when I run out of my current stuff. They think they have set a "lost young guy" straight and it makes their day....

Post Thanks / Like
    And may I ask why was the "good stuff" Souveran in your cabinent and not being applied to your truck?
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    The truck is a daily driver lease. I DO take very good care of it, but it doesn`t warrant me putting Souveran on it.

The Souveran is for my `Bird. Only 47K on her and she`s a beaut!

(Not as nice a looking T-Bird as Guitarman`s, but still a pretty car.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I see kind of the same situation here.

I use Souveran on my PT Cruiser and the Porsche.

However I use good ole #26 on the 2000 Mustang and IBIZ cleaner/Wax on the 65 Mustang.

Have to save that Souveran for the paint good enough to use it on :p
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, atleast you guys HAVE some neighbors who admire, and try to "give you advise".. here, when im outside, sweating my arse off washing and detailing my car, no one even cares. And some even drive by REAL slowly and just give me an evil stare, like im comitting a crime.. THEY are the ones committing the crime.. having a dirty, filthy car..

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    tell him you`re try it on an older car if he uses Klasse correctly on his car, converting the TW user can be fun :up
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by PathfinderGuy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Well, atleast you guys HAVE some neighbors who admire, and try to "give you advise".. .. [/b]</blockquote>... I`ll try to take a picture of the nieghbor`s car on one of it`s prime days, I`m sure if was watered it it will grow something even on the vertical panels!!
    2007 Liberty

2002 Seat Leon Sport 20VT

1998 Jeep Cherokee

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t let Phil kid you, he`s got one of the few ,very low mileage , pristine early model Supercoupes left in the country. Even his black leather driver`s seat is like new. The man cares about his car.

He`s resisted the Zaino drumbeat somehow, but i`ve got some Zaino wash for him to try when I see him in Carlisle in June. Nudge , nudge.

Glad to see ya here Phil.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by joed1228 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>You know, that`s funny, I can recall roughly 6 months ago how some old guy in AutoZone was trying to sell me on a big orange bottle of NuFinish. I think NuFinish is hiring these people or something.

I go along with it, I tell them I would be interested in trying NuFinish when I run out of my current stuff. They think they have set a "lost young guy" straight and it makes their day.... [/b]</blockquote>
    My next door neighbor swears by NuFinish. I just laugh, and attribute it to ignorance. The guy has an unused bottle of Meguiars No. 26 someone gave him, but he`ll use the Nufinish until hell freezes over. Some people just don`t know any better.

Post Thanks / Like
    It turns into a car washing/detailing block party. I have three neighbors who watch what I do and/or what I use on the Maxima. I have let one borrow my Klasse to use on his C1500 pickup as well as his `55 Chevy and he likes it.

Just wait until they get a load of the new additions to my arsenal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ghaa I hate all the ppl who don`t detail. I was outside washing my truck and my neighbor yelled across the street, "Keep washing your truck that often and your not going to have any paint left." Just smiled and waved back. Like the 10th time I`ve had someone tell me that.

My nextdoor neighbor is selling their house and some guy was looking at it. My driveway runs down the side and he was walking down that side. He saies, "I`ve looked at this house three times and every time I`ve come you`ve been out washing your truck. Keep it up and you won`t have any paint left."

Ghaa I was tired of hearing that joke so I just turned and said, "wow, that is an original joke" Well, he stopped smiling and just kept on walking...I hope he doesn`t buy the house...
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intel486 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Ghaa I hate all the ppl who don`t detail. I was outside washing my truck and my neighbor yelled across the street, "Keep washing your truck that often and your not going to have any paint left." Just smiled and waved back. Like the 10th time I`ve had someone tell me that.

My nextdoor neighbor is selling their house and some guy was looking at it. My driveway runs down the side and he was walking down that side. He saies, "I`ve looked at this house three times and every time I`ve come you`ve been out washing your truck. Keep it up and you won`t have any paint left."

Ghaa I was tired of hearing that joke so I just turned and said, "wow, that is an original joke" Well, he stopped smiling and just kept on walking...I hope he doesn`t buy the house... [/b]</blockquote>
    <strong class=`bbc`>Intel486[/b], if he does, I hope you have a PC and use it every weekend, for at least an entire summer.......at 7 or 8 am every Saturday (weather permiting)....just to annoy the jerk.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Len_A [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

<strong class=`bbc`>Intel486[/b], if he does, I hope you have a PC and use it every weekend, for at least an entire summer.......at 7 or 8 am every Saturday (weather permiting)....just to annoy the jerk. [/b]</blockquote>
    Nah, I think I`ll wash my truck every morning around 6 am... with my gas powered pressure washer.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly! My (other) neighbors holler about how I`m going to rub the paint off one day, or wash it until the car breaks. Then my mom keeps saying that if I kept using all these chemicals on it, it would make my life 20 years shorter...

It might be true... but it is addicting. And at least I have one neighbor that <strong class=`bbc`>does[/b] detail his own Porsche with P21S stuff, and lets me borrow his PC!

I guess I`m considered lucky...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information