Post Thanks / Like
    applied zaino to the wheels last week end. the diret that had accumulated since then washed mostly off whith a hose! I washwed the remaining dirt off with a sponge in the left over zaino wash from my the paint.

I remember reading that someone else tried this and wasn`t happy with the results. I`d like to suggest that perhaps they used wheel cleaner at some point and that the wheel cleaner cleaned off the zaino. I`ll see how good it does over time but if it goes well, I`m going to remove the wheels and do a complete job.

a week after applying zaino for the first time, I washed my car with Z7. the paint fealt much slicker than the medallion did after the first week. applying Z6 made it even slicker. it`s as aslick or maybe slicker than what it fealt like last week.

I`m starting to believe the hype but still want to watch it for a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    the one negative thing that I see so far is that the Z7 wash will go very quickly. I used to wash with 4 gallons using meguiar`s and with the switch to zaino, I reduced it to 3 gallons. using the car wash as directed makes it seem to go fast. I`ve only done two washes with it and prepared one bottle of the clay bar lubricant. I`ve already used about a third of the Z7. washing the car once a week durring the spring and summer will use up a lot of car wash. even if I reduce the mixture to two gallons, it will still use up a lot of car wash.

I wonder if washing once a month with zaino wash and the other three weekends with meguair`s gold class would yield the same results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear you`re liking Zaino. I used Medallion in the past but there`s really no comparison IMHO. You`ll find that Zaino is one of the very few products that actually improves over time with washing and Z6ing, instead of degrading or diminishing to the point of needing new "wax" to replenish shine and slickness. It`s really quite amazing!

And, yep, Z works very well at keeping wheels cleaner and making cleaning easier. Everyone should use at the least some type of sealant on wheels to minimize buildup of dust and dirt. Makes life much easier...

My Z7 wash usually lasts me 6 months or longer and that`s with frequent washings of two cars with the Z system. I only use 2 capfuls at the most per wash in my 5 gallon bucket. I`ve found the Z7 very economical as it`s highly concentrated and only a little is used per wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll try reducing the ratio to two capfuls per five gallons versus one and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    31st330i, I know what you are saying. I definitely wish Z-7 and Z-6 could be purchased in gallon sizes.

I`m not sure if you read the following thread or not, but it`s a pretty good one about Z-6 & Z-7.

The value of Zaino Z6 and Z7.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Zaino on my 330i wheels and they looked great! The problem is that these damn BMW brakes create such a mess that it requires brushing at a minimum and EF Hi usually to get rid of the brake dust embedded in the clear. Even though the Zaino does make it easier to get most of the dirt off, there is still the problem of the embedded dust. I am pretty sure that both of these methods removes the Zaino. So I would be applying Zaino every week (sometimes twice a week) and that is no small chore on "M" wheels with the sport package. I am content right now to just wash them and dry them, skip the Z, unless I am in the mood to have a few days of extra shiny wheels..... Now Z on the paint, that is a different story. I am very pleased with that.

H

Post Thanks / Like
    Metallic Mike
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

use 2 capfuls at the most per wash in my 5 gallon bucket</blockquote>

I agree, even though the instructions states use 2-3 capfuls per gallon. No need for that much. I`ve found 3 caps is enough for a 5 gallon bucket.

Z2 on the wheels makes em slick and not much seems to stick. Much easier to clean. But in my haste applying the first coat I did not apply Z1. What would be the best way to remove and start over again?
    I think as a test I will apply next coat to one set of wheels, say on the drivers side and not the other, then see what happens
    05_Dakota Laramie-Red

04_Pontiac Vibe-Black

Post Thanks / Like
    No need to remove the Zaino already on your wheels. Just use the Z1 prior to Z2/5 after your next wheel detailing. Zaino ( sealant) on wheels ROCKS!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to strip the Zaino off your wheels, use a good wheel cleaner or alcohol bath. Either one should strip it completely. I think your test will be interesting, but, I bet I already know the outcome....:p

:xyxthumbs

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can get more foam (which seems to make for less product and more action) by using a foam dispenser.

It literally takes me under a teaspoon of PBS to do my wheels cause of all the foam action. I imagine it would help out with Z wash for just the wheels at least.
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Thread Information