Post Thanks / Like
    It`s an ozone treatment "bomb". It`s about the size of a normal sized spray paint can.

Here`s a link to a site that is selling it...
    http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/sub...ry=Deoderizers

I`m wondering if I should give it a try or just take my car to a detailer and let him run an Ozone treatment on it. FYI, I`m trying to get rid of cigarette smoke odor left by the previous owner of my new car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried either Febreeze or Ozium? (sp?) These are tow products which i have tried, and both work in eliminating pet odor, smoke, food smell, and others.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried Fabreeze. I got the car on Monday and have driven it only 2 times since then. As I was in the car I sprayed Fabreeze every 15 minutes or so. It hasn`t been removing the odor. Last night I cleaned the vinyl roof, dash, door and seats with Pinnacle Leather/Vinyl cleaner and then did a real quick carpet scrub with Prestone. This morning the car smelled just the same as it always has. I`m thinking I`ll have to go heavy duty on this odor.

If the ozone treatment will definitely work I`ll take it to the detailer. But I`m not too familiar with the process and I couldn`t find many posts about it on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    The company i work for sells a product called Fire D which is a bomb type product, simply depress the top and let it go til empty. It`s specifically for smoke type odors. They sell it to apartment complexes for apartment turnovers who had smokers in there previously. If you can`t find it locally private message me.

Post Thanks / Like
    We ran into this problem when my sister bought a car from a heavy smoker last year. The beige interior of the car was a grey from all the residue. My brother and I spent a week on the interior. Shampooed it 3 times. Now, the interior looks almost new and there is not a trace of smell in it. The water from rinsing the interior was black!

You really need to shampoo anything that is clothe in there, and rub down all surfaces, and clean the vents. Otherwise, the smell will always come back.

Post Thanks / Like
    what about renting a steamcleaner with some deodorizer in the water?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bgruver
    it`s an ozone treatment "bomb". It`s about the size of a normal sized spray paint can.

Here`s a link to a site that is selling it...

http://www.goodspeedmotoring.com/sub...ry=deoderizers

i`m wondering if i should give it a try or just take my car to a detailer and let him run an ozone treatment on it. Fyi, i`m trying to get rid of cigarette smoke odor left by the previous owner of my new car.

big d odor control fogger is the best thing we have ever found, if you only need to do a small area just invert the lid, push down, dont breathe it, point into the spot you want to get odor out of, if your car, roll windows up, spray into the car close doors and dont drive for awhile unless you are going to roll windows down , but it doesnt take much to take away the smell in small areas, in big areas put in the middle of your living room on top of a newspaper push the lid down after you invert it, and get out for about four hours, when you come back it smells good and no yuck smells...we use this allllll the time in our apartments...good luck

Thread Information