Post Thanks / Like
    Well after reading posts all winter about the "right" way to detail I finally had a chance to put all this new found knowledge to the test.

It started last weekend when I clayed my 1998 ford f150(black) that is a daily driver and on occasion will see a little mud. I then moved to SMR on the yellow pad followed by the white pad on the PC. I wasn`t happy with the results as there were still a fair amount of swirls and scratches left so I did not use Zaino yet.

Well it was good friday and a day off from work for me, but not for the wife and kids and a perfect day to detail. I picked up FI-II from a local paint shop and used it with the yellow pad but when I was done it made me a little worried because the paint was now dull but it did remove some scratches that I thought could not be buffed out. I then moved to SMR with the white pad and as with the FI-II, I would buff each panel till the product was just a slight haze so I was sure to break down the product. Well I have got to say that I never thought a daily drivin black truck could ever look this good. I figure better than 80+ % of the swirls and even more of the scratches are now gone and no haze, so now I am happy.

I then moved to the Zaino using the white pad to apply the Z5 w/ZFX as thin as I could ( 1oz for two coats full size truck with a bed cover). Zaino was very easy to apply and remove and man I still can`t get over the SHINE!!!! I hope to apply 4 or 5 coats of Z5 before I move to the Z2.

Well to make a long story longer I just wanted to say thank you to all autopians that share their knowledge and their love of a well deatiled vehicle.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds Great!!! Post some pixs when you are finish.:up

Thread Information