Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I need to recommend a good "one step" solution to my cousin, and am looking for a longer-lasting alternative to the standard cleaner/wax.

Is NuFinish the most abrasive polymer protectant available?

Post Thanks / Like
    NuFinish is good on a beater car. Just tell your cousin to put on a coat twice a year. It is very abrasive and smeels like petro chemicals.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not try Klasse AIO? Its a better product IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Klasse AIO myself, but being a "non-abrasive cleaner", I don`t think it`d work well on a beater car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nu Finish is fine. But you may want to consider 3M`s cleaner wax or Meguiar`s #6 cleaner wax. I like them and both are easier to apply/remove than Nu Finish.

If he does go Nu Finish, one tip: Tell him to apply <span class=`bbc_underline`>thin coats. Any excess residue is extremely difficult to remove. To get decent protection he`ll prolly need to apply two coats. But both should be <em class=`bbc`>thin[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother in law is asking me to recommend one step product that he can buy locally in supermarket. He doesn`t want to spend time waxing a car every 2 months. I think I will recommend the following:

NuFinish every 4-6 months

E1 Wax As-U-Dry every car wash (he`ll do it once a month:scared )

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by F1Crazy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>My brother in law is asking me to recommend one step product that he can buy locally in supermarket. He doesn`t want to spend time waxing a car every 2 months.
    [/b]</blockquote>
    F1, that is a solid recommendation for your brother in law: the price is cheap and you can find it at the hardware or grocery store and it has very decent longevity.

As the others have said, the <span style=`color: orange`>NuFinish product is quite abrasive but this may not be a real concern to him.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to mention that I`m trying to find the most abrasive polymer protectant available because the paint on his car feels rough and has waterspots that don`t come off after a wash.

It has to be one product or he`ll be too lazy to do it (even though he has a nice car!), so hopefully NuFinish will do the trick.

He likes the sound of "the once a year car polish!"

Post Thanks / Like
    NuFinish did not make the paint on my beater wagon smooth, although the paint is in decent shape! I would still recommend an initial cleaning session that involves either clay or paint cleaner (or both). That is just a once a year deal...then do the NuFinish. The instructions say to repeat in 30 days....

BTW, use the liquid, not the paste. Much easier to work with.

Post Thanks / Like
    What a coincidence, I just used Nu Finish on my sister`s black `90 Jetta. Now that car is a beater! It hasn`t been washed in over a year. I couldn`t get over the difference that the nu finish made in just one step! I went through about 10 rags applying the stuff, because they turned black from oxidation after about 1/2 a panel. I returned the car to her, and she thought I had gotten it repainted. This stuff definately has got my reccomendation for people who only want to `wax` once or twice a year. I must admit though, what a stink! It smells like kerosene.

-Ryan Eyres

1992 Alfa Romeo 164S

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a long time user of Nu Finish prior to my obsession with this forum. It`s a great lazy man`s wax. Easy on, one coat easily lasts close to a year, even through automatic car washes.(use the liquid). As it suggests, a second coat 1-2 month`s after first coat on a car in poor condition will greatly increase its longevity. If you start with a car in pretty good conditin, it will keep it that way.

Removal is made easier if you moisten the applicator as you apply it with a quick detailer such as Eagle On wipe & shine, do it often. EO is cheap and available just about everywhere.

I`ve used the Klasse now on 4 cars. The AIO alone will not compare to 1 coat of NuFinish. Though, obviously 2 coats of SG after the AIO definitely outshines the NuFinish. Of course only an obsessed detailer may notice the difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had LOTS of streaking when I tried to follow up and freshly treated NuFinish car (my beater) when using Meguiar`s Quick Detailer. YMMV.

Post Thanks / Like
    A trick I learned with NuFinish or Finish 2001(basically same product different companies) is to apply the first coat with a wet rag. Wipe it on using some elbow grease with the wet, not damp, rag and then wipe off before it dries or hazes. It really cleans the car and removes oxidation this way. Then apply the second as directed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tell him to apply thin coats. Any excess residue is extremely difficult to remove. To get decent protection he`ll prolly need to apply two coats. But both should be thin

Funny. I layed this stuff on my bumper fascia and it GLIDED off, I thought Gold CLass was easy to remove - removing NuFinish was as easy as applying it (no joke).

I use the liquid NuFinish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by waxman

A trick I learned with NuFinish or Finish 2001(basically same product different companies) is to apply the first coat with a wet rag. Wipe it on using some elbow grease with the wet, not damp, rag and then wipe off before it dries or hazes. It really cleans the car and removes oxidation this way. Then apply the second as directed.

What??? How do you know that??

I have a link somewhere describing a lawsuit between the two companies about these exact same products. Now you say they`re the same product? Help us out here - verifiable info, please.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information